Awaiting PIP Outcome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting PIP Outcome

AFB
AFB Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
I had a change of circustance of my contidion and went to review appointment on 1st March and I received a text from DWP saying they had received the report on 2nd March. Its been 4 weeks and no response or decision made. What should I do?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    There's nothing you can do. There's no timescales to any decisions. You can ring for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with that report. Other than that you have to wait, unfortunately.

If a decision goes in your favour you'll have a new award date. If it doesn't your money will stop 4 weeks after the decision. Very risky putting in a change of circumstances. Good luck and hope it goes in your favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AFB
    Hi

Thanks for the advice. Just hoping that claim be successful. Thanks for your advice poppy123456

Thanks

AFB

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck, let us know how you get on @AFB

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AFB
    Hi Just received my decision it was not good as they awarded me 6 points from last award I had 8 points so they've taken 2 points away. Im really anger and as I got no benefits and worried as I cannot work due to my illness
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I'm in the same situation. Just waiting.  For the first few weeks I was ok but now I'm getting stressed out about it. I'm so sorry your claim wasn't successful.  I hope you get more success on appeal. 
  • AFB
    Thanks for the advice.  @sandyp196

• AFB
    Its such a stressing process. I feel more depressed but going to ask for MR and they've sent a copy of assessor report.
  • AFB
    Yh I determine to get justice and get my benefits back. I hope you get your benefit.
    Thanks
    @lillybelle

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.