Storke or damaged nerve.s .. answers .. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Storke or damaged nerve.s .. answers ..

cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
I would love to know if anyone could possibly have any   input in to my experience . .felt strange in my tummy I think can't say just  yuck went to bed ..in the morning woke got legs off bed collapsed  to floor tried again same thing legs had no feeling or ability to perform a simple task arms were same left one funny position long short 13 or so weeks later still  no change numb from waist .can think talk perfect but looked and felt like stroke victim . Couldn't get g.p to come to me I couldn't get there ..still no scan .. forgetfulness still an issue .. told lots of professionals ..no g.p record .so doesn't really count..  as if never took place it clearly worries me then and still one and half years later ..still concerns me may just happen again 
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Welcome @Cathie Firstly Cathie for what information that as been given it is not clear for me to say too much. You have by the sounds of it had a worrying experience. When you say the GP would not come out this is in my case with uncontrolled feelings of legs should have come out. The way you have put the variety of issues could be a multi concerns and if that was the case for refusal tell them to phone you a ambulance. Some symptoms come to mind but don't quote me on this unless I had seen your bloods. Bloods should first be taken to eliminate virus or other serious illness. You may have had a mild stroke , we have many areas. Insist if a GP can not come out ask for a ambulance from them, this is your right.     
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathie, how are you today? Did you manage to speak to/see a medical professional yesterday?
  • cathie
    hey really  grateful you took the time to not only read but also answer   my moments of screaming it from roof tops  to be honest so many factors   to this the g,p was a lo com  claims not to fully understand my 15 year old child no record of my neighbour  going back next day to  see why g,p has,not arrived  was told she would i d only moved  weeks before from  a bad situation knew no one had no phone  had  e,s,a  stopped for long time  by j,w,p, had no cash   daughter was scared so  told the neighbour id never even said hi to in passing  thirteen weeks later  when was able to get a lift ,,and hold my self up long enough   i went to g,p   had a bit of a cross    word  was sent to a@e   nerve damage in spine and pain and discomfort ,  i was unable to wait there for six hours  nurse said go back  request gps letter to go directly into scan ,,,  as i was in tears at this point ,, promised he would    went on hols without doing so  had a ding dong  with  yet another locom  that claims she could not help it was nothing to do with her   after    a very upset  me  done paper work i was offered a scan over a year later   told many   other folk understood my 15 year old  first time  ,,,  made formal complaints  thrown off doctors  list     made  quite a fuss    with practice manager   who reinstated  me  ,, false reports made after all my data was lost     no records never seen that g,p  again ,, if i had not lived this  i would think no way   ,, this does not happen  in 2017 ,,  letters of complaints answered received in report from her ,, wow   places i was never appointed to   turned up as n,a,    gave her lots of  info on places i had  been ie walk in centre a+e    could not be traced by her i called up in five mins  google     and requested they sent her the information ,, have not heard from her since   ,, oh i could go on but boring my self now never mind you   ,,,, but every word is true ,,so no record of   still unsure of what happened but so scared will happen again ,,,, im far from loud abusive  by the way ten years at surgery  never raised an eye brow let a lone my vocal cords   appears   swept under the carpet    im knackered everything is a fight     no fight left see wot take s place ,,,wow   a novel  sorry 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    oh one other part to story keep falling over   still cant do simple tasks never had issues with memory still has nt returned   long and short fell woke up taken to a+e once again had serious issues heart rate and pulse rate over 120  sent email to g,p   five weeks later  at an appointment  asked him about the email said no nothing sent here   i said oh yes   found it opened it ,,five weeks mind you   tacaiya   something or the other  concerns    expressed by yet another a.e department    still nothing said to me or taken any step upped my bp meds ,, said very concerned about your  health   is this what  should have happened   or  should the dizzy ness passing out  cray flashing light in my eyes almost daily  heart tight   hurts  been   investigated not sure   neck pains complaint after complaint never get any further than xray  said a thousand times not bone   history   quadruple by pass brother this year five sibling heart attacks father uncles  dead heart   attacks one to many little sis recent heart failure stent   my heart murmur   and i reading to much into this now   not even sure ,,,,, he sent me a and e 2012 for heart  worries   had injections in tummy all night ..  no known records   any way   not sure why but assumed you were from the medical  department please   forgive me if mistaken   ,,,i m sure you would have be down as a little coccooo if not  ,,but  no  the mental health  issues are not one i suffer    ,, one good thing ah  sane im afraid     ,,,lol  you possibly are questioning  that right now     lol but honestly    reports to prove it 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cathie, thank you for sharing this with us and I'm so sorry that you've had such an ordeal with accessing the right medical care.

Scope are a disability charity rather than medical professionals and therefore cannot advise you on your medical care: if you have concerns about your health, always see a GP. If there are issues you have with your GP, you are always entitled to a second opinion. 

What we can do is listen to you and support you as best as we can, so don't feel like you have to apologise for what you've shared. As I'm sure you've seen, there are also a lot of friendly members on the Online Community who you can chat to as well!
  • cathie
    hi it would seem there a long line of very angry frustrated patient,s im just one to say ok  lets move on try best  to correct things   and forget  it  even thou information  that s on a report  offered by the practise manager  has come from goodness knows where  it appears been made up and the correct information of treatment and location   if almost six months seem s to have vanished   no idea where this  info on a hospital i was never under came from ,,strange  answer given  via practise manager  when asked again and again about my missing files , was simply thousands of files go missing        after under going some sort of shape up not sure who they are ,,  a more   timed appointment   has been put in place doctors trying harder , a question form pf performance  is given to fill out ,, as said hospital sent email to gp five weeks later i had to tell him said mp at first but found and opened it was about concerns about my heart ,,  g p put  b.p meds  up took wee sample found blood in  it sent for tests  im very concerned about your health  trying to get an appointment since   like gold dust  no more will be mentioned  so not even sure if email sent was for him to act on but he has not  pains in heart tight sweats  pulse rate explosive in my head and chest thought might of been having fits as wake up having injury s  after joining  some dots  my self  fainting is a sure sign  all makes  more sense to me   flashing  lights reg from no where left arm pain pins and needle s mainly left hand cant feel i have dropped things from right hand cramps  feet  hands neck complaints of stiffness for years and cramps s cary ones forgetful beyond normal   all at some point been either spoken about or investigated  no follow up  turns out he sent me for cancer tests    found i have prolapse bladder may be reason iv neen telling him i have major  issues getting worse recall appointment  few years ago to see if bladder fully empty sent back to g p nothing more done as with many things  practise manager wrote  its not g,p,s fault if you don t follow things up  also  missing every appointment  getting thrown of list s   asked for reported issues  due to known  pain mobility problems in report  said its not your g. p s  duty to sort this matter out for you ur mobility needs are down to your  self told them every weeks benefit stopped car taken  no mean s of getting to appointments ,, please tell me if im crazy or is this wrongly  treated once again wow  novel every time  not to  hold any one to word just in option   sake thanks

Only me .. cathie..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 126 Courageous
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sal1975
    Sal1975 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    I can understand how u feel this is my 2nd stroke first one I didn't no about but 2nd one was worse I lost all my left side of my body but slowly gettin the feelin bck can walk with a limp but it hurts a lot but get tired 
  • Sal1975
    Sal1975 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    I can understand how u feel this is my 2nd stroke first one I didn't no about but 2nd one was worse I lost all my left side of my body but slowly gettin the feelin bck can walk with a limp but it hurts a lot but get tired more easy now plus my memory is not that clever I have had to buy a diary to jot things down n wen I go outside get really bad get headaches n feel really sick till I get home 
  • cathie
    Sorry to hear that I can now say .one was stroke was also having I t.a.didnt  know  wot they were gone on to have major Stoke 9o per cent blockage in vascular vain emergency ..feel very let down  y g.p.could have prevented second one I wasn't being listened to dots weren't joined g.p requested twice failed to show but  was told no you haven't has stroke nerve damage is the problem told five g.ps still not written about it trying to get info from them need to take it further but left with issues  and memory problems it's just to much for me not sure how to go about getting some acceptance for failures or admittance they messed up but no answers..veey frustrating ..
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    Sorry to hear that 8th December last time I went out or got dressed worried if cased such a big fear in my mind I'm gonna find it hard to face the world in this state  jotting book great idea ..but I lost the book twice took weeks to come across it lol gotta laugh ...
    Only me .. cathie..

Brightness