Hip and back pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hip and back pain

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
Ive had chronic lower back pain for 4 years constantly with no relief at all. Ive noticed recently my right  hip has swelled and it crunches when i walk. I cant bend my leg the pain is horrendous.
Ive made an appointment to see the doctor but cant get in till 6th april. Any suggestions what could be wrong with my hip

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I have severe back and hip pain i was diagnosed with spinal stenosis pinched nerve and disc bulge having a spinal injection on monday day surgery. 
    I hope you get a diagnoses soon.
  • jewly
    jewly Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I suffered with what I thought was hip pain for years and years, actually since the age of 20. I had been for x-rays and seen the doctors numerous times with no answers it wasn't until I was 36 one day that I was in such agony I realised I had prolapsed a disc in my back and it all fell into place that I had a trapped nerve/ sciatica. 8 months later I had a discectomy but sadly I was worse after the operation and now aged 42 I suffer constant chronic pain and still have severe hip pain due to impingement of nerves. So years of complaining of hip pain actually proved to be bulging discs in my back which finally prolapsed.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you get sorted soon @ollieandduke - let us know how you get on!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Thats a disgrace the hospitsl are at fault
    Hsbe you spolen to a solicitor 
  • jewly
    jewly Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Sadly everything is just seen as failed surgery rather than a failure of any other means. From meeting other people in the same situation it would appear to happen all too often.
  • lillyth
    lillyth Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    That really sucks. It took me 10 years to get a correct diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis :( Have you had an MRI?

I recommend a slide sheet like the Snoozle and a pillow between your legs to help you sleep if you're having pain at night.

Brightness