Nerve pain throughout my leg — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nerve pain throughout my leg

Options
codman1b
codman1b Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi having a lot of pain in my leg.I severed my femoral artery with a saw when cutting logs and because of neurological injury am now mostly in a wheel chair the slightest bump in the road can cause my leg to tighten like a snake is crushing my leg is there any way i can take the shock off my leg the pot hole's in every road are killing me? And what type of device well help keep my other leg strong i all ready use a ele power cycle which helps a bit but is painful to use.Thanks any help and i would be most great full.   

Comments

• sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @codman1b, you idiot  :) (power tools eh)  I have lots of leg cramps that have me screaming with pain whilst not going anywhere. Neurological problems are very much misunderstood unless you have one and its still a case of nobody really knows what is happening.

I am not in any way a medical practitioner but if this problem is just happening when you go over a bump could it be spinal/nerve related.

Can you afford a helicopter to get you from A to B  :)

• codman1b
    codman1b Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yep that's what i am. Should have listened to my ex partner she said you have done enough logs for today and i just had to do 1 more lol Still i got to be a legend at the Hospital as the man who lost so much blood and lived + as i was on death's door. a young nice looking overworked nurse over dosed me with morphine and stopped my heart should have been game over they all said. But i am still here fighting with the pain. Thought i would be up and running after a year or 2.Wish i could afford a helicopter. Might have a few problem's getting in it like. But would die trying lol Thanks for the reply Sleepy1   
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Hey Mr legend pain is just all in the mind apparently, my job adviser asked me what job I could do, told her I would make a very good secret agent because I had a lot of experience of being tortured and had a good pain threshold. No jobs fitted that criteria at the time.
    I thought the same as you things will get better and it is so annoying when they don't, but we must plod on dreaming  they might X

Brightness