Hi, my name is Tigermoth42! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tigermoth42!

Tigermoth42
Tigermoth42 Community member Posts: 243 Pioneering
Hi everyone, looking forward to chatting soon 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tigermoth42 and welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us.
    Your username automatically makes me wonder if you have an interest in aviation? 
    For now, when you're ready and in your own time, no pressure, perhaps you could tell us a bit more about yourself? I look forward to getting to know you better.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi Richard, great to hear from you and I’m so glad I’ve found your community, I’m struggling with mental health and disability issues as well as my daughters mental health. It’s all rather draining but hey ho, onward and upward! You’re right, I do love flying and my husband has a private pilots licence. I did start my own journey down that route but mobility issues put paid to that as it did my love of driving fast sports cars and horse riding. I now watch horror movies, murder documentaries and knit and read. Rather boring and a tad morbid but better than stagnating! Looking forward to chatting too. 

With my very best good wishes, Gail 
  • JennysDad
    Hello @Tigermoth42 and thank you for getting back to me. My apologies for having taken some time to reply - wish I could be here 24/7.
    My love affair with aircraft has never gone further than making plastic kits of WW1 and WW2 machines, watching related movies and visiting museums, and just once going up with my brother in a two seater. Unfortunately, the least said about my brother the better. And, of course, as part of an army family back in the 50's I travelled quite a bit in turbo prop airliners.
    I can't watch horror movies - for me that's the news of the day, pretty much every day, and whilst I can't knit I do read, extensively. On both TV and in books - especially the latter - I like good police procedurals.
    And nothing in your words suggests stagnation :smile: I am impressed.
    Would you like to give us a bit more detail as to the struggles you and your daughter face? Anything at all that might help us find the best way to be of service to you?
    Warmest best wishes, always,
    Richard
    (Oh, a book thread on site here that you might like to look at).
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Tigermoth42 :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Tigermoth42
    Thank you so much @Sam_Scope, you’re all so supportive in my darkest moments. It’s not just my mental health and disability I’m trying to live with but also my daughters mental health. She’s probably got BPD but is undergoing assessment at the moment. It’s tough enough coping with me, with her as well I feel I’m sinking without a trace. 
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi Richard, thank you so much for the link and reply. I’ve explained a bit about my daughter in my message to @Sam_Scope above. She’s all over the place bless her, treading on eggshells isn’t in it! Combined with my severe anxiety, depression and physical disabilities I feel a bit like I’m sinking without a trace. I got my MR letter for PIP off yesterday so it’s a bit of a wait and see game. On a positive note, I discovered yesterday that, because I started with motability in 2013, I can keep my car for 26 weeks, not the 8 that it would have been had I joined the scheme in 2014. Hopefully that’ll give a bit more time to sort this mess out. They haven’t stopped my PIP entirely, just reduced it to standard care only instead of enhanced rate of both. At least I’ve got something coming in to help my daily struggle. Interestingly, I had a medical assessment recently for ESA and they put me in the support group with disability guarantee (or whatever it is) without hesitation. Trusting you have a peaceful day, warmest wishes Gail 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Lovely to meet you, @Tigermoth42!

It sounds as though you're dealing with a lot at the moment but good to hear that things are moving forwards for both you and your daughter: I hope you get the answers you need. If there's anything we can advise you on at the moment, do let us know. 
  • JennysDad
    Hi Gail @Tigermoth42 and thank you for getting back to m and to Sam. For what little it may be worth, you have my respect and my admiration for coping so well . As Sam says, do get back to us if there is anything you so much as 'think' we might be able to do to help.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Tigermoth42
    Wow guys! Thank you so much for your replies and lovely comments. You’ve no idea how much you’ve boosted my mood just now. Hugs to you all
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Good Morning it’s Great To meet you this morning.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with????

We have got lots of info & advice here which you might find very useful.

Please please let me know if I can help/ support you with???
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @steve51 thank you so much for your lovely reply. It’s like being on a rollercoaster at the moment. My daughter’s situation means she’s all over the place, overly happy and excitable one minute, deep depression and anxiety the next. With me I just want the world to stop, I’m find myself crying at the slightest thing, I’m talking to myself, having the most awful dreams in the 2 to 4 hours sleep I manage to get in bed before pain means I have to get up. I have a heart condition called atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) which presents as a 200+ heartbeat, in part brought on by stress. I’ve had three full blown episodes in the last four days and constant ‘fluttering’ feelings in my chest which are a precursor to an episode. I’ve, thankfully, been able to use my self-help methods, e.g. the Valsalva manoeuvre, to stop the attacks but, if they don’t work within 20 minutes of onset, I have to call an ambulance and go to hospital. The whole DWP, Atos, PIP thing has just floored me on top of everything else. 
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Thats no Problem at all, it’s my Pleasure!!!!!!

Are you having any help with your Pain????

Do you take anything to help you at night????

Sorry for all of the questions.

Is there anything that we can help you with your “PIP”

Thanks.
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi @steve51, I take 600mg gabapentin twice a day, it’s supposed to be three but I’m trying not to take it. I was on high doses of morphine for over ten years but the pain management consultant wanted me to come off this as studies have proved that it can make pain worse and I couldn’t take a higher dose as it would have killed me. I’ve now been morphine/codeine free for just over a year and take 6mg buprenorphine each morning under the guidance of the local drug and alcohol service, I go there fortnightly for counselling sessions and to collect my script. The local Wellbeing mental health service can’t see me whilst I’m under this alternative care. I take mirtazapine and citalopram for depression and anxiety (highest doses of both) and a diuretic, indapamide, for oedema in both legs (which isn’t working!) I’m waiting on a procedure on my back - radio nerve ablation but not sure I want this as I’ve heard horror stories that people end up being worse off. My gp prescribed diazepam yesterday as I’m in such a state but that was reluctantly and an ibuprofen gel for the arthritis in my wrists. I also take paracetamol and ibuprofen in the morning in an effort to get going. Sorry for the long reply! Warmest best wishes, Gail 
  • steve51
    Hi Tigermoth42

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Please please don’t worry about the content in your reply’s.

“That’s what I’m here for”

Yes I’m also on high doses of my meds.

Pregabiline.
    Oxcarbazipine.
    Amytriptaline.
    Amantidine.
    Transtec Patches.

Plus I have had “major stomach surgery”

How are things today?????
  • Tigermoth42
    Hi Steve, thanks for getting back to me and for letting me know about your meds etc. It’s so reassuring to chat with people that understand. I feel like I’m on a tightrope that’s about to break, it’s just horrible. I was on pregabalin but took myself off it as the weight gain was horrendous, now I’ve discovered the gabapentin does the same thing. You can’t win! I’m trying to keep my mind off things by watching daft films and trying to knit through the arthritis pain. I’ve got to at least try and stay as mobile in my joints as I can. In spite of how awful I feel, I’m not ready for the box yet! How’s your day going?
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

That’s no probs with the meds, yes “Pregabaline & Gabapentine”
    are from the same family (Opioid’s)

Yes it’s great to talk with “like minded people” as we have all got the “t shirt’s”

We all have to keep “fighting & never give in”

How is your day going ?????
  • Tigermoth42
    I’m watching Jurassic world at the mo @steve51 Couldn’t get much further away from reality, anything to keep my mind from going round and round in ever decreasing circles!! 
  • steve51
    Hi @Tigermoth42

Yes I’m going to have my daily dose off “horror movies”

This “blows” the “pain” away!!!!!!!
  • Tigermoth42
    Yaay @steve51, a fellow horror fan! I just love them, although not zombies lol. And I agree wholeheartedly with you about blowing the pain away. Concentrating on stuff is hard for me for any length of time but short bursts of movies interspersed with good ghost stories and jigsaws seem to be holding back the demons. Btw, my last house was definitely haunted! 

Brightness