The driving school for disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The driving school for disabled people

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

Daniel Cluff is an occupational therapist and came across people who were having trouble relearning to drive and realised there was a need for driving instructors for disabled people.

So he set up his own driving school and adapted his car for their individual needs.

Find out more about it on the BBC website here

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• CB12
    CB12 Scope Member Posts: 9 Connected
    What a fantastic idea!  I found that I had to work everything out myself, going around roundabouts one-handed, due to holding the accelerator and wheel at the same time, that took a lot of patience and near heart attacks from both myself and my other half (he's not a very good passenger at the best of times), I think I should book myself onto a few off-road courses and drag him along with me, the screams would be worth it. Seriously though, I would still like refresher lessons as not quite mastered parallel parking, but mainly for the confidence side of things, anyone know of any in and around Ayrshire please say. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CB12, that sounds like quite a feat! If you do decide to pursue refresher lessons, these local instructors may be able to help.

Brightness