KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Madnutter and thank you for posting. What can I say without it sounding trite - yours sounds like such an awful situation, my heart goes out to you. Probably still sounds trite, I guess, but for what little it may be worth it is true.

All creativity comes from the mind and since you've managed to get your post into words - which means either you can 'manage' to type (though that may be a huge effort) or you have a voice-to-text capability. Could you consider creative writing in some form? It could be stories, if you've any inclination that way, or poetry, or perhaps you could write your own story, your autobiography? Even if it were no more than getting those 'horrible thoughts' down 'on paper' as it were?

What do you think? Please, please get back to me, so that we can talk further,
    Warmest regards to you,
    Richard
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Hello Richard I love this and so glad I've found it you have so many talented people here I love it we'll done to you. I have always loved arts and crafts and when I was young I wanted to be a photographer but my life took other pathways. But now I'm here and very interested in all these wonderful talented peoples hobbies. Going to visiting this page a lot in the future
  • JennysDad
    Hello @janejr and many, many thanks to you for commenting. If you can do anything to help spread the word that KaleidoScope is here and operating I would appreciate it. The more people I can get to look at it, the more contributions we may get.
    Photography remains a keen interest of mine, though I seem to take fewer and fewer pictures - mostly, these days, of squirrels and my little feathered friends. Modern cameras do all the work these days - make it almost too easy.
    Really lovely to hear from you,
    Best
    Richard
  • zoro
    zoro Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Madnutter said:
    I need something to do during each day I’m in electric wheelchair can’t use my legs and my arms and hands aren’t much better need to take mind of these horrible thoughts running through my mind if I was able to do something it would give me something to live for to get through each day
    I too have to spend a lot of time in a wheelchair. Have an electric one to get me round the shops. Trouble with arms and legs but I'm not wheelchair bound and my arms and legs are working pretty good this last couple of weeks. Last couple of days though I can feel the loss of feeling coming on that gives me a lot of problems.
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • JennysDad
    That's lovely, @sandyp196. Not quite my colours :) (which tend to be camo or black), but lovely just the same.
    Can you tell me (as a bloke, who seems to see machine stitching but isn't absolutely sure) what techniques you used in this?
    Warmest best wishes, and thank you for posting,
    Richard
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    JennysDad said:
    That's lovely, @sandyp196. Not quite my colours :) (which tend to be camo or black), but lovely just the same.
    Can you tell me (as a bloke, who seems to see machine stitching but isn't absolutely sure) what techniques you used in this?
    Warmest best wishes, and thank you for posting,
    Richard
    Hello. Thank you. I used a quilting technique called strata. It's much easier than it looks. I simply cut strips of fabric into 2, 2..5 and 3 inch strips. Sewed them together into a square block and hen cut the entire block at a 60° angle. This gives he diamond shape.  I may have took a pic of the bag in construction. I will have a look now. 
  • JennysDad
    Absolutely gorgeous Sandy, @sandyp196. Thank you for allowing us to see these images.
    Best to you,
    Richard
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    So much talent, well done everyone.
    im not very creative sadly 
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Hello @sandyp196 I love your dolls. Do you ever sell them. Wish I had your talent do they take you long to make
  • JennysDad
    Hello @janejr and @susan48. Thank you for posting.
    Are you absolutely sure, @susan48 about not being creative? How are you with words?
    Best to you both,
    Richard
  • JennysDad
    Hi @Zena8. I love the image of the old couple and their 'family'. Thank you for joining in :smile:
  • JennysDad
    Lovely work, @colet. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    There seem to be some complicated paper shapes in these. Do you buy them from a craft supplier?
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • colet
    colet CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 101 Pioneering
    @JennysDad I have brought myself a Xpress Xcut die machine which I lay the dies on to board with paper on top and then a cut plate and roll it through the machine 
  • JennysDad
    Awesome, colet. A new process to me, but obviously an effective one.
    Well done you for finding it!
    Warmest best wishes
    Richard

Brightness