fibro umbrella - bottom of feet feel like they are burning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

fibro umbrella - bottom of feet feel like they are burning

minxykat
minxykat Community member Posts: 6 Connected
hi i suffer from chronic pain fibro copd osteoarthritis of both of my hips and both my  knees but been told im too young for operation yet ..im 54 i also have copd stage 1 heart disease bells palsy and ddd......i can cope with the meds im on for my pain...just!! im on a lot of morphine....im getting used to the full umbrella of things that come with fibro but im wondering if its normal to have the bottom of your feet feel like they are burning? i have to sleep with mine out the bottom of the bed regardless of the weather .....is this part of fibro?? any ideas anyone ty

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @minxykat

Have you talked to a medical professional about this?
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Hi @minxykat
    I have fibromyalgia ,OA and Gout amongst other things and at most of the time the my feet feel like I've had 6 of the best ( cane corperal punishment) in case your too young to remember)  :)
    Across the bottom of them moreso on the left foot with at the moment a very swollen ankle.
    The same on the tips of my fingers
    I find ice water to drink and soak 
    Failing that back up quick relief with morphine ,and slow release pregabalin.
    Hope you can find an answer 
    Gizmo 

• ClaireSaul
    ClaireSaul Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Hi @minxykat,
    I am so sorry to hear how much you have on your plate at the moment.  Whilst fibro is different for everyone, from talking with other sufferers I believe that these feelings in your feet are common - in fact one friend has one foot that is affected and the other not.  I also get burning in my foot that is affected by nerve damage and use pregabalin.  
    I will try to find some other suggestions that might help.
    Best wishes, Claire
    Claire Saul
    Chronic Pain Advisor
    Scope
    helpline@scope.org.uk
    scope.org.uk
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Hi  @minxykat
    I have Fibro., as well and the symptoms regarding your feet I am experiencing them also.  I think this is a part of the condition.  My feet always feel like they are burning up, regardless of whether it is hot or cold, I have to be careful wearing shoes and have had to go up a shoe size and look for wide fitting shoes because they swell up even my ankles get puffy.   Are you under a medical professional?  Who is monitoring the amount of morphine that you are taking?  I joined the Fibro society and they are very helpful, they also have a helpline that you can call I think it's twice a week for a phone call to someone who you can talk to openly about Fibro.,  I hope this helps.
    Ritzy

Brightness