Industrial benefit award help? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Industrial benefit award help?

Judemay65
Judemay65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone
I have a problem with my latest industrial benefit award. In 2011 I had and accident at work. I was left with chronic pain and disintegrating discs and trapped nerve in my neck. I now suffer pain constantly as well as limited movement. Up until recent assessment I was quoted as having 30% disability.  However recently I have had diagnosis of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.  Here's my problem. At my assessment the doctor has put all my pain down to fibromyalgia! Adding that all injuries from my accident would have healed by now! What part of chronic did this doctor not get!? I now have to prove that my neck  pain is not fibromyagia and that my original  symptoms of restricted movement are now only down to arthritis &  are not  valid in causing loss of faculty! 
Where can I get a second opinion? Or advice to contest this as he has worded ok in such a way!? 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Just wanting to say hello and welcome to the community @Judemay65. Very glad you've found us.
    I don't myself have the answers you require, but I am hoping we will find members/advisors who will. 
    Bear with us for the time being and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
    And if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Tagging @mikehughescq, @CockneyRebel (in hope)
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Judemay65, and welcome!

So sorry to hear this, and to hear about your pain. If you disagree with the doctor's analysis- you are absolutely entitled to a second opinion. Perhaps arranging an appointment with an alternative GP could be the next step?

Brightness