Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

peterpete
peterpete Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
Did you know I lost my pip due to lies I lost my esa because the day I was supposed to attend my esa assessment I had no money because I was relying on my pip payment.six weeks in I'm praying I win my appeal I sent them evidence clearly showing the lies. My life has been utter hell I went from 750 a month to absoulte zero I really hope no one goes through what I have been through having to beg for a loaf of bread having to beg my landlord not to kick me out having to sign on jsa knowing I have a illness being told I won't receive anything until the 1St of may that won't even cover the debts never mind food.changes need to be made to allow recordings of all assessments the appeals process must be fair quick and effective waiting ever day for a decision is heart breaking and stressful even though I clearly shown evidence what if they don't except. Who is going to pay the 300 lost rent 70 lost council tax I can't on 160 a fortnight then there's bills water gas electric TV licence food all this because the assessor did not put the information down correctly I can't cook alone I have bladder problems which I use plastic sheets and pads for I have a debt coach because I can't budget I can not plan a journey I attended with my uncle all of which she did not score me on

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Since I turned 65, I have had to fight the DWP three times to get my PIP reinstated. From when the decision to remove the £565 every 4 weeks payment to when it was put back into payment averaged 6 months. In those 6 months I had and am having to top up my income by using my credit card. 
    OK the DWP do make a backdated payment but who is going to pay the interest that I am left with of over £650 every two years?

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    This is awful. I've had the same experience. 
  • lixsharp13
    lixsharp13 Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    Ive been thru this too. Then lost my appeal at tribunal  i had loads of evidence etc ...now i wonder if it was worth all the stress!!   
    Good  luck witb yours though there are lots of positive stories  ...
  • peterpete
    Not worth the stress I am now that low on finance I am looking on street for stumps sounds bad it is just reapply and hope you gat a better assessor 
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    peterpete said:
    Not worth the stress I am now that low on finance I am looking on street for stumps sounds bad it is just reapply and hope you gat a better assessor 
    I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. You shouldn't have to be looking on the streets for things. Are you able to access the food Bank at least? 
    Can I ask what 'stumps' are? I have no idea. 
  • peterpete
    Cigarette stump 
  • sandyp196
    peterpete said:
    Cigarette stump 
    Oh no that's awful. I don't smoke anymore but I know what it's like to have no cigarettes when your not in the headspace to try and quit. I would have done the same as you.   It's jsut a suggestion (and somehing I have done myself) if you have anything you can pawn, Cash convertor and cash generator give you time to buy your items back. I think you get a month to buy them back. You pay interest but not stupid amounts. Also if you can't buy them back wih in the month you can pay a little extra for them to keep the items a bit longer.  It's jsut a way of getting some cash for things helping agencies can't help with,  like cigarettes. I lost count of how many times my guitar, sewing machine, phone,camera and jewellery ended up in cash generator until my benefits were sorted. I always got them back.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    sandyp196 said:
    peterpete said:
    Cigarette stump 
    You pay interest but not stupid amounts. Also if you can't buy them back wih in the month you can pay a little extra for them to keep the items a bit longer.  It's jsut a way of getting some cash for things helping agencies can't help with,  like cigarettes. I lost count of how many times my guitar, sewing machine, phone,camera and jewellery ended up in cash generator until my benefits were sorted. I always got them back.
    Thanks, to me that sounds like the only person making anything out of that is Cash Convertors! You say that you can pay a little more to keep the goods reserved for you? You say that they charge you interest?
    But you eventually get your benefits sorted - I presume that the extras (interest & additional payments) are also coming out of your benefit income as well as the money that you borrowed.

Like me, because of the delays within the benefit system you too are having to pay for them in interest and other charges. In DWP land I presume that they must think that people have a tin under the bed full of money which you can use until you get the backdated benefit payment?

• sandyp196
    Yadnad said:
    sandyp196 said:
    peterpete said:
    Cigarette stump 
    You pay interest but not stupid amounts. Also if you can't buy them back wih in the month you can pay a little extra for them to keep the items a bit longer.  It's jsut a way of getting some cash for things helping agencies can't help with,  like cigarettes. I lost count of how many times my guitar, sewing machine, phone,camera and jewellery ended up in cash generator until my benefits were sorted. I always got them back.
    Thanks, to me that sounds like the only person making anything out of that is Cash Convertors! You say that you can pay a little more to keep the goods reserved for you? You say that they charge you interest?
    But you eventually get your benefits sorted - I presume that the extras (interest & additional payments) are also coming out of your benefit income as well as the money that you borrowed.

Like me, because of the delays within the benefit system you too are having to pay for them in interest and other charges. In DWP land I presume that they must think that people have a tin under the bed full of money which you can use until you get the backdated benefit payment?

Well yes cash converters make a lot of money from it. Unfortunately that is the position a lot of people are in, especially if you are on token meters for gas and electric, or you are a smoker or have a physical dependancy on some thing else. Havin no money and dealing with withdrawal and / or a dark cold home is the worst thing in the world.
    In the day centre I attend many people rely on these shops to get through the week. 
    It's a disgrace.  The people with the least money are the people who pay the most, who are penalised the most. Not just money but emotionally too.
    It's hard and demoralising to take your precious few things into one of those shops. Despite the good intentions there is always a chance you won't be able to get them back. It's the risk many have to take, including me. 

Brightness