Help and advice please Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help and advice please Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit appeal

dave1955
dave1955 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi
I have an appeal hearing in May 2018 at Luton crown court for Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
I had my assessment In January 2017 and was awarded 7% for life for white tip finger (14% needed to be awarded the benefit) which has been caused by me using vibrating hand tools in my work.
I was assessed by atos.
So, after I lodged my appeal in March 2017, I now at long last have an appeal hearing in a few weeks, I have plenty of evidence and paper work which I believe to overturn this and be awarded enough points/percentage by the Judge and the panel.

However, I do not want to go in alone and face the panel as this can be extremely intimidating so I am led to believe by other people who have appealed their disability claims against the dwp.

So, I am asking for advice as to get me prepared for my hearing, or better still someone with knowledge of appeals and Industrial injuries can represent me.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Dave

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.