Lifeline service problems — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lifeline service problems

Options
Ananda
Ananda Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a lifeline service and my dongle holder was broken and for two years I kept asking about getting a replacement because mine was broken! Anyway I found out that if the dongle is broken including straps that it must be fixed within 24 hours or quicker. Well in September last year I got burgled and assaulted and things were made worse because I didn’t have my dongle with me, it was impossible! Where do I stand and can I sue my housing association for not fixing the dongle covering/strap in the time permitted! I was told by the lifeline engineer that there are even 4 hour slots where things must be fixed within 4 hours but two years and more is one massive joke! I have other serious issues that I need help with because I need to move, I’m scared and don’t ever go out any more, I have brain tumours as well as spinal cord tumours and my recent MRI scan shows new damage in two places! I can’t sleep at night and I’m not coping at all!

Comments

• Ananda
    Ananda Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Oh yeah I have had 8 burglaries since 2010, one time my friend had a gun put to his head so it’s getting beyond a joke!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm just here to say hello @Ananda and to welcome you to the community. I am glad you have found us - you sound to be having an awful time.
    I don't have the expertise to answer your question myself, but other members will be along to talk to you in due course. Please bear with us.
    Tagging @Sam_Scope and @Pippa_Scope in the hope that you may have some suggestions to make here.
    Warmest best wishes to you, @Ananda
    Richard
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Ananda

Sorry to hear your having a difficult time! 
    Id like to welcome you to the site, hope you find it useful. 
    Have you tried to get free legal aid or a free consultation about during.  It could be worth looking into.
    If there's anything I can help with let me know. 

Charlene 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ananda
    Im sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with this! What is the response from the company? If you look on their website, do they have a complaints procedure?

You might want to try The Law Centre to get any legal advice.

Good luck!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness