Hi, my name is MarkChris58! - Income support decreasing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MarkChris58! - Income support decreasing

MarkChris58
MarkChris58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, well the title is my name and my sons together. I've been a single parent with him since 1990, and he's now 31. My son has numerous problems, and attends a daycentre 4 days a week. Which are limited hours.
This last 4 years I was forced to stop my full time work, partly due to help drying up for my son and partly my own health as I'm getting older.
At present I receive income support and carers allowance. This is partly the reason for joining, as my income support is going down, so it is now £87.60 a fortnight. I wondered if anyone else as had this?
Thankyou
Mark

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MarkChris58
    You might like to try our benefits calculator, you can fill in all of your details and it will tell you what you could be entitled to.

If you then need more support in how to apply for them, let us know and we can try and get you more information and help.

Good luck!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • MarkChris58
    MarkChris58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, yes tried those, they say I should be receiving more, but I can't find whether my sons PIP or my carers allowance would make my income support go down, though I've had no changes in circumstances, but like many am reluctant to contact DWP and then find out they'll make us worse off. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You could try calling the Scope helpline @MarkChris58 on 0808 800 3333 - our helpline staff are fantastic!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.