Anger issues not being understood — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anger issues not being understood

Sholay09
Sholay09 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hello my name is Shola and I feel quite upset about people not really understanding my anger issues, autism and mental health problems. Also I really hate it when a lot of or some people are now saying that people in their late teens or even early twenties should not be treated as adults or should not be in adult services in which they still should be as they are now adults and also they are not children anymore and should not be treated as children either as this angers me even more. I just want to have more power to say or do something about it as something like that should not change at all and also I want people to agree and understand it a bit more on this situation and also for people in their teens and 20s especially to be treated as adults too.
S.York

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sholay09
    Im sorry to hear you are feeling like this, what has happened to make you feel people don't understand you?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sholay09

Well by people still not listening to what I am saying to them, by certain things like some nightclubs for an example being restricted to over 21 or even higher instead of some or a lot of things being from age 18 as it is the age we finally become adults and being to have a large amount of rights like buy or drink alcohol, be sued or sue, vote, smoke or vape, get into most or all types of jobs like enter the police force, enter a club like a strip club or a pub, get married and also do many more other things that we could not have done before when we were children. Also even though I don't drive but I would like for the government to not ban 17 or 18-24 year olds from driving at night time because a lot of them have important jobs, have children and do other things as well and because 18-24 year olds are not children either. It would be difficult and very wrong for that law to be enforced too because it is important for them to have that independence and to be able to drive at night when it is very important. Also I would like for some nightclubs that are 21+ to be lowered to 18+ in the UK as it is very confusing and or strange.

S.York
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I read about the plans for stopping 17-24 year olds driving at night and was a little baffled.  By the time I was 24, I was married, had a house and three kids! I can't imagine not being able to drive after dark!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
  • Sholay09
    Well yes I know that Victoria but it does not mean that the government should enforce that law as I have said above that it would be quite difficult and also because at age 18 one is classed as an adult and should not have that driving curfew apply to them either because it would take away their rights and freedom and it would just be very confusing and difficult really especially when they want to go on a night out and or when they a have a job that involves night shift. I think the government should come up with a better way to stop accidents to anyone of any age from happening rather than just the younger drivers as this would be unfair as drivers of any age can cause accidents.
    S.York
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness