Hi, my name is Mactheknife1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mactheknife1!

Mactheknife1
Mactheknife1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi new on this but here goes. Following appendix being removed when I was a teenager got adhesions causing me blockages to the bowel 12yrs later then 7yrs and again 5yrs the last one being 7/12/2001 this time they could not get inside to divide them they had become to dense they perforated my bowel in 5 places before stopping the operation leaving me with an open wound that took ages to heal. They then told me they could no longer help and put me on pain management over the years I have tried pethadine, mst, beupronorphine, fentynel and now on Tramadol paracetamol plus about 5 other drugs for pain relief. I just no idea where to turn next. Sorry this is lengthy but might as well tell all from day1. They said to make the most of my time as they did'nt think I would see beyond 12months, stubborn sod I have lasted 17yrs still going, not good though being in constant pain. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Mactheknife1 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    My profound respect to you, too, for your honesty, and there's no cause to apologize for the length of a post - we're here to listen.
    You are among friends here, Mac (?), and now we know something of your medical conditions we'd like to know a little more about you - if that's okay - about how you are affected, what you feel and think. The better we get to know you, the more effectively we may be able to find ways of being of use to you.
    Just as a starting point you might like to take a look at our thread on 'Dealing with chronic pain'. You might find some conversations to interest you and you'll meet some of the members there.
    Please keep in touch, and bear with us. Other members will be along to chat with you when your post filters through to them.
    Welcome again, and very warmest best wishes,
    Richard @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mactheknife1, welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us- we have plenty of friendly community members who I'm sure will be able to relate to your experiences, and the chronic pain category mentioned above by Richard may also be of interest. If there's anything we can assist you with, do let us know.

Brightness