Help with pain relief please - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with pain relief please

2»

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Hi on the subject of CBD I have tried it in all strengths over a very costly time and find it gives little in the way of relief of MY pain or fatigue ,that I can't get on prescription fro my Dr .
      On the other hand ,and in no way implying it is a safe course to take ,then a proper hash brownie (I don't smoke) or weed tea floats my boat and the sooner they make  it legal the better .but I can recommend "Rooibos tea"commonly called Red Bush tea ,buy it in Tesco ,Asda,lidl a and other outlets.Tick Tock is the one I'm just about to make ,it helps me relax a little ,and every little helps ,as they say ,check it out you may like it ,and at a fraction of the cost of CBD
    Regards
    Gizmo
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    I fancy CBD nothing else works. If anyone finds a SAFE supply im intetested so please let me know
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Hi @Misscleo
    You could try here ,but as I said ,did nothing for me

https://www.naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/cbd-brothers-oil-complete-review/

Good luck in a pain relief
    Regards
    Gismo
  • DeeNKaspar
    DeeNKaspar Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I have had to come off the Baclofen because my eczema got so much worse.  I have an appointment with my own GP tomorrow to ask about different muscle relaxants and also speak to him about my left leg giving away without warning.  I had a fall 10 days ago when I was going down the stairs as the cat had been locked in the kitchen.  Its done it a few times since.  I am trying to use the stair lift as much as possible but I sill need to exercixe.
  • rosiet
    rosiet Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have fibromyalgia as well as peripheral neuropathy, arthritis & the host of other problems that come with fibro. Two areas are worse for me & that's my eyes & feet. I can barely put a foot onto the floor. I have been hospitalised for 11 days & hardly walked anywhere apart from the toilet yet the foot pain is still as bad. Due to many allergies I'm unable to take the usually prescribed medications for my pain. The only thing that brings a little relief are Butec patches. Unfortunately as they are opiate based, my GP is reluctant to keep me on them long term. I do also use the CBD oil ( cannabis oil) which does relax me enough to help me sleep. Magnesium foot bathes are helpful, as is magnesium spray but only as relaxant. I've no idea where to go from here.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I use a microwave neck warmer and put it on the area its bliss. As well as pain meds.
  • rosiet
    Misscleo said:
    I fancy CBD nothing else works. If anyone finds a SAFE supply im intetested so please let me know

i have found that the oils supplied by Holland & Barrett are far too weak. I buy mine online from an established company called 'love Oils' ( or something very similar.) I've used them for several orders & recomended them to friends. Their products include a spray for under the tongue which I find very useful. It's not cheap but does seem to help.
    one word of warning, I found as I increased my dosege, I began to feel a bit distant & whoozy. Once I cut back, I'm fine & normally only use one or two doses a day but can add an extra one if needed.
    it's certainly worth experimenting but with care.

• rosiet
    Victoriad said:
    What about using a hot water bottle on the affected area?
    Or climbing into bed warmed by an electric blanket.......I feel more pain in my hands when Im cold........or is it just me?

Other suggestion is a TENS machine Lloyd’s chemist have them from £10 upwards........always worth a try.

I use a tens machine most nights on my feet. My consultant insists that it cannot work on problems like fibromyalgia yet I do get relief. My suggestion is to try, but probably only with a basic tens until you know whether it will help you.

• JBOccyTherapy
    JBOccyTherapy Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    TENS, CBD and heat are all great options. You can use TENS in combination with medications and you can get TENS units that do heat too.. I've recently started using topical CBD for my pain and I'm surprised at how well it's working. 

Another option a lot of people find relief with is Magnesium. Magnesium is really important for muscle function and a lot of my chronic pain patients (me too) find it super effective for easing off spasms and tight muscles. It absorbs just as well topically as it does orally or when injected and putting things on your skin is less likely to interfere with any meds. Lots of people have magnesium salts or epsom salts in a hot bath since heat works well for muscle tension too. 

I'm currently using topical magnesium + oral low dose baclofen for my own spasms and I honestly think most of the benefit comes from the magnesium!

If in doubt it's always best to run things past your GP. 
    Jo Southall
    Independent Occupational Therapist | Public Speaker | Accessible Adventurer

Brightness