KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs. - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

KaleidoScope: Our own gallery for members' art work, crafts and photographs.

Comments

• fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    this is a canon strawberry plant I made for this year. I make all sorts of strange stuff, knit daft things glad I can share somewhere :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fishingmum
    And I love this. It took me just a moment to 'see' it but, when I did! Quite suddenly the positioning of the trugs and pots reminded me of of gabions, the baskets full of earth that were used as defences around infantry and artillery positions up to the late 1800s. Excellent.
    Richard
  • fishingmum
    my kids love clash of clans so we are going to be putting a little bit of effort into a few designs they can have fun with
  • fishingmum
    that is amazing, I take pics but honestly I am not that good at them, occasionally I get a good pic and I share it like there has never been anything so great before lol
  • kittykat5
    kittykat5 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    JennysDad said:
    Hi @doodle. Not named Colombo after Columbo, the TV Detective? I seem to remember he had a similar dog of his own. Beautiful, anyway. And I rather envy you. We have two cats and whilst we love them, cat love is a very one-way thing. Haven't the room/the money to keep a dog as yet.
    wow love your work what a lovely jumper

• JennysDad
    Hello @Madnutter. You didn't get back to me earlier. How are you?
    Very best to you,
    Richard
  • JennysDad
    edited April 2018
    Hi @fishingmum. Would love to see what you come up with for Clash of Clans related design. Sounds fascinating.
    Meant to ask you regarding photographs - do you do any editing? There's a great free photo editing resource called 'Photoscape' for use on computer, and I use it a lot to tweak my shots.
    Best
    Richard
  • JennysDad
    Wow, @ayjay! This is a very fine selection. I love the butterfly shots and the ceramics (ceramics are a medium I would love to work in, but I don't have access to the materials and workspace). Admirable work on all counts.
    I don't know the name of the insect in your second shot, but the image is so crisp. Brilliant. Everybody seems to use 'stacking' technology these days, but I haven't yet got into it.
    Thank you very, very much for posting these.
    Best
    Richard
  • ayjay
    ayjay Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Thanks JennysDad, the butterfly is a Small Heath, and the Dragonfly is a Broad-bodied Chaser.
    I've heard of stacking and seen some impressive pics made with it but I wouldn't know where to start. Just get as close as possible and use as good a lens as you can lay your hands on. The one good thing about butterflies and dragonflies is that the light is always good.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I use free Mobile photo apps to filter photos
  • JennysDad
    Hi @debbiedo49 and thank you for posting. Do you ever move your photographs onto a computer? Tweaking photos on the computer can produce extraordinary results compared with the systems in a mobile phone.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • JennysDad
    Hello @Tonikp and thank you for posting your poem. I've been off-line all day and only just found it, and it is brilliant. So much said in such simple terms. Really, really excellent.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

Brightness