Every day is s learning day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Every day is s learning day

GizmoTiddles
GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
edited May 2018 in Education
Pre-Ordered the new Edition 43
Disability Rights Handbook earlier this month
It arrived on Friday so have been having a good read up it is quite an education to me .
And it's keeping the old grey matter ticking over . :)
Cheers
Gizmo

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    It costs a lot. I used to use it at work for dla. We won every case!
  • kaz7762
    kaz7762 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Good advice I'm terrible writing things down Kaz
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Many thanks @Username_removed yes I did realise that but with so many holes in my knowledge ,lulled into a false sense of security with an indefinite award of DLA at 68 the a steep high stress learning curve ,and back to jumping through hoops for the DWP !
     In the distant past, three of their own drs had examined me on my Conditions over the years.
    Now I have to Prove how my conditions effect me Daily 
    high BP, even higher ,stress levels through the roof ect ect the dwp do it on purpose IMO many will give up ,so money saving ? :D:D:D
    Then @debbiedo49 at  £18.50 (confessionally rate ) I thought it cheap enough to ME to fill in the gaps ,I hope then a little wiser should l  need to go further for professional advice after my f2f 
    And yes @kaz7762 I am also sadly lacking at writing things down (short term memory like a sieve ) so can highlight sections i think relevant to me  and then cross check as already advised.
    Its like being back in school again  :)
    Good luck all reading if you feel its right then do your research and fight for your rights 
    Cheers 
    Gizmo

Brightness