Powerchair football — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Powerchair football

fr0zenrose
fr0zenrose Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was approached about 3 years ago by someone trying to find players for powerchair football.  It has been amazing.  I've always loved watching football but never thought playing it would be possible . I was scared originally as I have a chronic pain condition but in reality bumps and crashes are very few and the chairs protect you more than you expect. It has been fantastic to be part of a team and take part in something with others. We are a new team but improving every month and it is a really enjoyable experience.  Clubs provide chairs to use at training and during completions generally - although it does of course depend upon your seating system requirements,  we have a few players that play in their day chairs with bumpers added due to seating system requirements.  I would definitely recommend people check out any local provison or clubs in theory area. It has made a huge difference on my life and health both physically and mentally . I feel like part of a team and feel like I have friends that I don't pay to be here lol. 

Comments

Brightness