Living in 2 bed apartment with 2 special need kids and 1 baby — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living in 2 bed apartment with 2 special need kids and 1 baby

zanyR
zanyR Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi there currently we are 5 ppl living in 2 bed flat .my elder daughter is 12 and got severe disability as eplipse .my son is 7 years old and got autism learning difficulties and asd .my baby is 1 year old .my kids can’t sleep together as son is really hyperactive and my daughter takes drowsy medicine and my son doesn’t let her sleep and jump on her bed turn on the light and bcoz of autism doesn’t sleep much .so my husband sleep with them in their room so our son doesn’t disturb our daughter .they both got special need and need their room .we r in emergency list for moving in 4 bed flat or house since 2 years ago still nothing is available .life is really difficult can’t handle anymore no social worker no help at home .i don’t know what to do or whom to talk ....

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @Debbie_Scope any advice?

Hi @zanyR and welcome to the community. Unfortunately years of little building for social housing, especially in councils, right to buy/acquire, and the recent government order for councils to sell their most expensive properties on the open market to maximise the subsidies the right to buy for housing association tenants has done a lot to ensure a shortage in social housing, especially for larger number of bedroom properties. Most of the recent developments I have seen are advertising 1 to 3 bedroom properties, practically nothing above this.

I have tagged Debbie_Scope as she is very knowledgable of housing issues. 

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• zanyR
    Thankyou for for respond .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zanyR, welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation at the moment, it must be really difficult on all of you. I hope we can help. Hopefully @Debbie_Scope will be able to offer some guidance, but I wonder whether you'd prefer to give our free helpline a call and speak to one of our advisors about your situation instead?

If so, you can get in touch at 0808 800 3333, or find other ways of contacting the team here.
  • zanyR
    Yes I will call soon Thankyou 

Brightness