Frustration and loosing your temper — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Frustration and loosing your temper

Helenc44
Helenc44 Community member Posts: 17 Courageous

When you feel frustrated then loose your temper, not used to people being helpful; so used to them being get rid of.

Trying to find myself is the hardest thing ever, didn't think I shut up and put up as much as I did.

Life feels very strange at the moment and I'm scared of being me, any advice friends?!

Comments

• debkenzo
    debkenzo Community member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hello Helenc44
    You say about scared of being me?  I think I understand what you mean.  Since the DWP tried to destroy me and I have been fighting them since last September, I feel lost and not sure who I am anymore.  Confidence levels are near to zero and I lose my temper very quickly.  I threw out a top of mine the other day, simply because I could not get it from being inside-out from the washing machine.  I just threw it in the bin!!  There, problem solved and I wish i could do the same with the DWP :)
  • Helenc44
    Hi, @debkenzo i wish i could just throw my life away and start again; sad really but thats life, :smile:
  • debkenzo
    I believe we can start again, rebuild a new life.  I have realised that we can change if we choose to.  We must be brave which is so difficult.  I have found that i have had to accept what was my life and to decide to create a new one.  Very hard to do when I have been stuck with the person that i was.  This is going to be the greatest challenge.  Must not give in and that is the most important thing to remember.  Not to give in!!  Not to give up!!  Keep talking about what is bothering us, sharing our **** makes life a little easier.  This forum can be a life saver.
  • Helenc44
    I have only been a widow for nearly two years and my hubby used to control everything i did more or less without me noticing, now I have people wanting to help me and people that have came back in my life and i'm scared as don't know how to handle their kindness as he pushed everyone away I was closed to; I don't know how to be myself anymore as its a scary place to be.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Take it at your own pace 
  • debkenzo
    It's almost like a new You is being created but very slowly and that can feel scary.  A new identity is happening for you, quite like a butterfly emerging from its former life in its cocoon.  A brand new beginning.  Anything brand new can seem daunting but we must take things one moment by moment and to embrace these changes as best we can do as they happen.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @debkenzo
    I totally agree, it is scary but baby steps and I’m sure @Helenc44 you will get there 
  • Helenc44
    @debkenzo i never thought it that way but its true what u r saying thank u n @susan48 thamks

Brightness