Disability news
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Disabled toilets in a public building

dadalidadali Member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I regularly go to mecca bingo
However when new ppl enter and ask for toilets theyre told if say its a man just use the disabled toilts as the gents are about 300 yards away but there is a ladies so theyre told if the ladies are busy use the disabled toilet.a single toilet if seen disabled people on two sticks waiting 5 ins for an abled person to come out what do yu thik

Replies

• MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 643 Pioneering
    Do you mean the elderly lady is not disabled.
    I brought this up before. If your not disabled STAY OUT OF THE DISABLED LOO.
    Some of us have extreme health problems and need ti use the loo NOW. We would wet ourselvs or worse while waiting for people who should NOT BE IN A DISABLED LOO
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,122 Disability Gamechanger
    When I had my last PIP acessment at Bristol there was a disabled toilet on the ground floor used by all the able body staff of the building as there where no other toilets nearby.
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dadali
    I am struggling to find any accessibility information on the Mecca websites, you could try and speak to the manager at the club? Which club is it?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • dadalidadali Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Sam I spoke to him last yr he said he would look into it well assistant manager then he was mover5
  • dadalidadali Member Posts: 8 Listener
    It's the mecca at stockton on tees cleverland
Sign in or join us to comment.