Feeling ill — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling ill

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
Hello folks, just a quick one, I’m feeling really really terrible so ill just feel sick and disoriented, has anyone got any ideas how i can pass this on too my GP without sounding like I’m wasting there time. I know it sounds a little silly but i can tell by their response that they have better things to do. Unfortunately it seems to be the norm when i try and sort my health issues out. Thanks folks ideas well taken. NC with my furry fat cat.

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @cripps
    your not wasting there time, you’v as much right as anyone else to either see or talk to the doctor.

Write a list of this you need to discuss, if your like me, I forget things.

Either that or write a letter to the doctor.

I think you should call or make an appointment ASAP though.
  • cripps
    Thank you it’s something I’ll do first thing tomorrow morning and yes i do forget just about everything so I’ll write a list and see what happens but unfortunately my doctors are not the best. Thanks 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps

As @susan48 says, you have as much right to be there as anyone else.

Writing down your symptoms or anything that you want to tell them beforehand can be really useful so you remember what you want to say.

Is it one doctor in particular you struggle with? Could you ask to see a different one?

Let us know how you get on
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • susan48
    If your not happy with the care you get I’d either see a different doctor or change surgery, which I did. 

Glad and your going to sort this tomorrow 
  • cripps
    I’m not sure ? if it’s the actual doctors or the amount of time they give you it just seems the time you get is getting shorter and shorter . I’m not making excuses for them because i do think ? the actual care i get is very poor. I’ll see what happens tomorrow and like you say if the care isn’t there I’ll start looking somewhere else. I’ve not been very well for awhile now and it is a very poor show when your put off seeing a doctor because of the care you receive. Thanks all I’ll let you know tomorrow what happens ( fingers crossed ? everyone) NC
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I saw a different doctor as I felt I wasn’t getting support and bingo! Got my diagnosis!
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cripps
    At my doctors, you can ask for a double appointment, are you able to do this at yours?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • cripps
    Hi ? folks, really not well ?, back from the doctors and i have a water infection not only that he doesn’t like the sound of my chest. Going a blood test now and if things get any worse I’ve got to go straight to the hospital . Glad I went but it was as i thought on the clock as soon as you walk in, think i got about 5 minutes, just like a sheep ?. 
  • susan48
    Glad you’ve seen someone and I hope your feeling better about going now

take care
  • cripps
    Thank you ☺️, unfortunately it’s something that happens and I’ve just got use to it, the joys of being disabled and wheelchair bound. Just feeling sorry for myself at the moment but thanks again. NC

Brightness