Indefinite PIP awards - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Indefinite PIP awards

13»

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    That doesn’t especially sound like a guess to me!

@Username_removed it's my training instinct in what I used to do for a living.. like your good at the Benefits thing. Anyhow thanks Mike for all your advice surrounding this situation I've sorted it all now and my minds at peace.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Governments_A_Joke

This has just been posted on another thread:

"...it was the judge who looked at the papers and decided there was a error of law because if the DWP change a award before the term expires they must state what the change of circumstances are which led to it and they cannot just say the change was the result of a award review."
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41814/long-journey-to-get-pip-award#4RTccDgcYuUCAotf.99

Also to add @Matilda

Anyone on here saying they have heard of people with 10 year or ongoing awards getting reviews already. There have been none reviewed thus far. See evidence below.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

edited May 2018
    @Username_removed Thanks Mike for that fine full expaination.

That's a serious amount of failures this minister has made, I diden't realise the catalog of lies moved that far with her I'm now more depressed than when I started my unforgettable journey with the DWP.

Again I picked the right member name for use on this site and now I have another (she is a joke) I knew things where bad bit this is just blatant ****.

God help us.

edited to add..

Action against this all needs to be taken and them removed and jumped on from a bloody great hight, how on earth can they keep doing this to us its so, so wrong. 

We all need act hard towards this unfair treatment of the disabled, as I said before I will be a one man army if it's my last breath I take.
    ⬇️

• sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Matilda said:
    The Tribunal judge said he wasn't fixing a term because by rheumatoid arthritis is never going to improve.  But the medical geniuses at the DWP might think they know better.  However, in 10 years time (the time after which ongoing awards usually are reviewed) PIP might have been overhauled into something approaching sanity.  We can but hope...M

Well thats good to read this morning Maltida. Think more people with 
    rheumatoid arthritis should be given more than 3 years like my hubby got, as said is never going to improve. Hubby was on high rate when on DLA but like many was taken down to standard rate for PIP.Just glad he never had a mobility car as we would be without transport now.  He could have,maybe should have appealed but didn't want to risk coming away with nothing!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Can we all please remember that we want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.