Contribution based esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Contribution based esa

janejj
janejj Community member Posts: 4 Listener
can some one please explain to me how it works I earns 6335.53 in 2015/2016 and there saying I’m short by 80.00 to claim contrabution esa help please 

Comments

• gnmeads
    gnmeads Community member Posts: 187 Pioneering
    Hi janejj welcome to the scope community.
    Try this link to Ask a Benefits Adviser:
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi janejj,

To satisfy the first contribution condition for ESA C, in one of the last two complete tax years you must have paid contributions on earnings (in respect of class 1 contributions), or have paid contributions producing an earnings factor (in respect of class 2 contributions), of at least 26 times that year's lower earnings limit - eg, £2,938 in 2017/18: 26 x £113.
    To satisfy the second contribution condition for ESA C, in each of the last two complete tax years, you must have paid contributions, or received NI credits, which produced an earnings factor of at least 50 times the lower earnings limit (£5,650 in 2017/18: 50 x £113) and only class 1 or 2 contributions count for ESA C.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.