Online Forums or Social Media - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Online Forums or Social Media

2»

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Those who cannot work already are living in poverty. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @whistlesI know but how much worse can it get, at the moment, there is a basic safety net (which is failing already and not enough to live on it is just surviving on) It will end up being poor houses again. I really do feel the future will be more bleak at this rate.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • whistles
    If we don't stop and look at what tech is doing to the next generation, and sucking in this one,  no one will be unable to live as a human and so we won't need a system. We will all be in la la land and back in the asylums and work house. 

One advert I saw on TV about a product said- " there is no escape"  and that's to encourage you to buy it and it's true there isn't.
    It used to be a choice.
    Just had a lengthy phone call to my phone provider who dictates what ID I  should have.
    It's a sad fact that parents are buying their children smart phones. Side topic parental controls do not work. 

• fishingmum
    omg parental controls do not work as kids are more tech savvy and can bypass what we do :o
    What do you mean they told you your ID, did you not have a choice or say you would prefer something else? that is shocking
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fishingmum
    Victoriad said:

Humans.....well we adapt.....perhaps more leisure time?
    and rediscovering old skills such as growing your own veg, knitting,sewing and cooking from scratch which are less heavy on the pocket...who knows but I certainly have taught my kids these skills and their dad has taught them how to fish and other country persuits.

This is how I live, I do grow veg we catch our own fish, pick shellfish in season, I cook everything from scratch and sew and knit. So my kids have been brought up this way, my kids notice how different they are from townies. An 8 year old (my friends son who was visiting with my friend) once told my son how to commit credit card fraud and at this point my son was picking the veg for soup that he had helped plant and look after, came in asking why do people do that lol. We used to get rabbit as well, but mixy seems to have wiped most out from round here. we have quite a good community for bartering as well, we get free eggs from one neighbour my husband fixes their car, I do hair for someone and we get veg I dont grow from them.

The more leisure time we have means the government is not making money if they are not making money then the system collapses.

It is shocking how much has gone to other countries though, and how it is viable for them to send it so far cheaper than what we can make and build here.
    Scotland is now generating electricity, which is another thing that is employing a fair few people, but not as much as all the other jobs gone abroad over the years.
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I prefer forums as i need some kind of mental stimulation that goes beyond gossip and celeb stuff but need to not use them so much when i'm bored. Social media is ok for catching up with family and seeing how they're doing though so i use it for that.

if you're wondering what people would do without an economy then i heard about The Venus project years ago, it still sounds good.The guy who created the idea, Jacque Fresco, thought of it because of the great depression he lived through as a child and just figured that capitalism isn't the best way of doing things.

• whistles
    omg parental controls do not work as kids are more tech savvy and can bypass what we do :o
    What do you mean they told you your ID, did you not have a choice or say you would prefer something else? that is shocking
    Apparently an account has a parental block on it. So yes it blocks certain websites but it doesn't block images.
    If you go to the play store and set up a parental block for its content, it mentions that.
    Kids are very savvy and so are the websites. 

Brightness