Won an appeal at court for PIP now got a letter asking for statement of reason - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won an appeal at court for PIP now got a letter asking for statement of reason

Comments

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I've just read your plight for the first time. I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

What tribunal court is this? There must be something someone can do. Perhaps another complaint?

Or even send a letter to someone higher up? I'm not sure who but attorney general maybe? Or the justice secretary?
  • dodo76
    dodo76 Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Jurph 
    Thank you for your suport  still not heard from the courts and personal cant see it getting sorted any time soon 
    We did phone the courts only to be told its with the judge , its seems they are waiting on the out come of another case how like ours before they sort ours out end of this month and its a year since we won at court  
    I have also had my request for PIP too so it looks like i could be facing the same fate both of us were awarded DLA for life  sadly its a battle up hill 
    Will keep all update as to how things are going 
    Hang in to all who are facing the same battles x
  • dodo76
    Hi all 
    Just a little update 
    This friday it will be a full year since we won at court and sadly i have still no news to tell you other than we are still waiting on the judge its now 20 months since we lost the benifit and started the battle but to add to the stress i now myself have to face the Pip battle of my own
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @dodo76 that’s shocking the time you’v been waiting , why is it taking so long if you won the appeal.
    Tried reading the thread back but can’t take it in.
    I hope your ok
  • dodo76
    Hi Susan48 
    We lost pip in august 2016 had to wait 8 months for court like i said won that end of April 2017  2 weeks later we got a letter saying the were asking for statement of reason they then kept us waiting to the time limit then wrote telling us that they could go to upper level on grounds of treatment could not remove the pip its purely down to the rate at which its paid now its been with the judge for 7 months now and we are still waiting at this rate i will be reapplingvfor it again as we were only awarded it for 3 years 20 months down line and still no payments or answers by any one and sadly i look like i myself could be facing the same battle as i have been sent the pip from to see if i fit the bill more stress and worry but i wont give up with out a good battle xx
  • dodo76
    Hi all 
    Well we have been to see if our MP can shake things with the Dwp n courts as its now a year since we won the first level at the appeal  it turns out our case as been woth the upper level tribe since end of August last year and their as been a court ruling that would help us  too 
    Just waiting to see if this helps us or just adds to the stress and hardship  once i know something i will post and share the news good or bad  thanks for all your help advice n support 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @dodo76
    I hope your MP helps this matter to be resolved ASAP.
    Its awful it’s taken so long.

Please let me know how it goes.

Fongers crossed its soon
  • dodo76
    Susan4
    I personally dont think we are going to get anywear with the MP think it will be you just have to wait will be the answer 
    as soon as i have any news i will post 
    Thanks to all for your support 
  • bonbons
    bonbons Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Thank you for this feed, my mum has just won her first level appeal, now has been advised Pip are appealing this. Looks like a we have a fight ahead of us! ?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Are they actually appealing or have they just asked for a statement of reasons?
  • dodo76
    Hi Matilda
    The dwp are appealing a few point that have been awarded its been 21 months from the start just over 12 months since we won the first level appeal and still no settlement stressfull is not a word i would use but we will keep going until we win amd hopefully by telling pur story we will give other the will to keep going and winning the dwp are treating so so many unfairly
    Bonbon i truely up you dont have to go through the same battle as we are having please keep us posted on your progress 
    I will post any news once i have some xx
  • Matilda
    Hope you get things resolved soon, @dodo76.
  • dodo76
    Matilda so do we but i guses only time will tell 
  • dodo76
    Hi every one  
    Its been 3 weeks since we had a letter from our MP  and as of now still no news to tell u all  its just waiting game 
    Will post soon as i have some news 
  • dodo76
    Hi everyone 
    I finally have some thing to tell u all but first of all i would like to say thank you to all of you who have given advice m support over the past year 
    I am  hoping that the news i am going to share will offer hope to those of you are still doing battle with the DWP n the goverment please dont give up hope and keep your battles going 
    Now for my news 
    As many of you are awear myself n  partner have had one great battle with the DWP for almost 2 years 22 months since August 2016 we have had some much stress  worry mind games thanks to the Dwp , we have finally come to the end of the battle 
    On the 17th of May 2018  the Dwp imformed the court that they were  withdrawing their right to appeal at the upper level on all grounds and tte stay they had in place regaurds the stopped payments would be removed  it as taken up till now for the courts to tell us 
    I cant express myself at how i truely feel i have mixed  feeling but i am so glad to say that if we have to do it again i would yes there were times when we were ready to say sod ut and walk away from it but just could not and would say to each one of you please keep frighting there are so many floors with PIP  and aa our case as shown the fact that the Dwp have not followed their own guild lines 
    We are waiti now for the letter from the Dwp to say jyst how much they owe us and when payments will restart  
    If we can hang in for almost 2 yrs then there is hope for all having issues with Dwp  all will come good in the end  just looknat our case guys 
    Just because my worries are over now does not mean i wont be around on here to give you advice and any pointers i can to help once again thank you to all for advice and spoort during our stressfull times 
    Xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Good news then.

How long is the award for?

• Matilda
    Congrats, @dodo76 :).  As you say, it's well worth going the distance.
  • dodo76
    Yadnad 
    We were given it for 3 yrs from 2016 -2019 so we have just over a year around 14 months left 

Matila 
    Thank you and yes i agree it as really tested us but it as been a battle  we would do again to help give others strength to carry on there own battles with the dwp 
    Omce again thank you xxx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    If your award  was for 3 years like mine were, they will re-assess you 1 year before the 3 years are up. A 3 year award is actually only 2 years. I would imagine that you will be receiving a re-claim form by August this year.

I started claiming PIP in 2013 and by this year I have had 3 face to face assessments. I gave up with them and their system.
  • Jaytbm1
    Jaytbm1 Community member Posts: 72 Pioneering
    dodo76, Clark30 And bonbons. I am shocked by the decisions that the DWP have made by trying to say the Judge at the tribunal was wrong . I was not aware that they could do this . How appalling that you have had to endure lengthy waits and more stress . I am so glad that you both have won and hope that bonbon has the same outcome. I have asked for an appeal but am seriously considering withdrawing my appeal. I have been awarded the day to day PIP , I know of people who have lost everything. If they write to you again so quickly then my appeal and new assessment could come at the same time . I agree that the DWP seem to make things so difficult and stressful causing many to not bother. Something has to change, the treatment of disabled people in this country is becoming worse and worse. Take care all of you xxcx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.