frugal tips - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

frugal tips

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Stock rotation of cupboards, is also a good idea to help you use what you have without wasting things. A tin at the back might be a year out of date, so stock rotation allows you to keep on top of potential waste.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fishingmum First thing I always do is a stock check what have I got before shopping.

Write all down in a A4 paper and binder.

In sections such as Pasta items. Herbs and spices. Plus anything like General stores like Salt, Pepper etc. Olive oil and just through the folder like that.

Take out night. Also sections on the essentials.

This means I have a least idea of what I have got.

This week using stores and freezer to thin down items I used to buy. Use them up. Some times we are all guilty of buying food but never eat it.

This is some times good to get rid of products never use.

I once had a friend who used to collect food. That is what I call it.

Every time tins and packets all over the kitchen.  Stores and cupboard. Hardly ever eat anything.

Went to a freezer shop and bought a stack of food and in the freezer.

All the time.  Buying food but never really eating it.

Had severe concern over my friend though because.  Mentally became possessive over eating anything in her stores. Her partner at the time if he eat anything from the stores would go into hysterics. All they lived on were cornflakes and crackers.

Serious concern and care for them. They at the time being of a certain age and had food but he and her never eat any of it.

I had to say something and tried my best. I all got was abuse and left them to it.

Often wonder why. Perhaps is that OCD or something else.

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    I am sure one of the hoarding programmes said it is part of the OCD/ OCPD group, I think they said it was 1 in 5 who went on further to develop hoarding personality.

That was good @thespiceman that you at least tried, did they have social services involved as they might have done with some help, they might have arranged a doctor or psychologist to come out. I hope they are ok.
    Take care
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fishingmum   Thanks for reply all I remember was they cut me off. Also had not wanting to dwell on it further.

Left them to their own devices. Mind and body and soul must be in a turmoil constantly. Imagine you have food all around yet not eating any of it.. Strange to see a couple of people eating Cornflakes and Crackers.

Being at the time I just became friends but even I was scared to say anything.

Also private and personal people which they were.  Would I want to intervene. All I did was comment because the partner first mentioned it to me.

So they must have known about this issues. Yet he did nothing.  I was then am still am amazed how people live.  Basically the way people live.

Always have concern and care. Especially as the older generation.  Which they were.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness