chronic migraine — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

chronic migraine

Options
HoneyJ
HoneyJ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Looking forward to chatting to others who experience chronic migraine for help, support and advice on how to best cope with the pain and strategies to help prevent them but still have some fun in life  :):):)

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @HoneyJ and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us. I have had a quick look, and members have discussed chronic migraines previously here, You might find it useful to have a look.
    You may also find relevant discussions in the Dealing with chronic pain thread.
    Things may be a little quiet today, but bear with us and others will be along in due course to chat to you and share with you :smile:
    In the meanwhile, if you have any questions you would like to ask or anything more you would like to tell us, please don't hold back. We are here for you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @HoneyJ, welcome to the community!
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @HoneyJ

Good Morning & Welcome.

It’s great to meet today.

I have had “chronic pain”
    since 2005 with no
    real help to “date”

Please please let me know if I can help/support you with????
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again @HoneyJ, just thought I would introduce you to @sunflower who also has experience with chronic migraines and has recently joined the forum! 
  • sunflower
    sunflower Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @honeyJ welcome!
    In the few short days I've been on here I've received more relevant advice and support than I have from anywhere else. You've come to the right place!
    I'm really struggling right now with chronic migraine. It's a truly difficult time. Everyone's experience is different.
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi I’ve been having really bad migraines for about 30 years now and there never seems to be an answer to controling them, when if feel one coming on ( and it all depends on which side of my head it is) i take a tablet or if it’s really bad i have one of my lnjections. I don’t know anyway of controlling them but if anyone has answeres that be good. NC
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jodelights
    jodelights Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Hi everyone. I can totally sympathise with Migraine sufferers. I've had them all my life (in 52 now) but for the last 8 years they have been constant along with cluster headaches! After attending Neurology for 3 years and trying every medication available I was finally referred for BOTOX injections. Every three months, they do help but haven't taken them away altogether. I've had 3 rounds so far and I have to say the last round hasn't helped much at all.... I suffer with other illnesses to, Fibro, JHD, SAI, Hypothyroidism to name a few.... I've been in bed most of this week and have to say sometimes life sucks. Currently waiting to attend Neurology to see if I have MS. Does anyone have MS on here, I'd really like some more info...... #frustrated #fedup......

Brightness