On a positive note, things that made you smile today. - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

On a positive note, things that made you smile today.

Comments

• fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @debbiedo49 yay something made you smile glad to be part of that :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fishingmum
    my boat is nearly finished half way through fixing her up and tomorrow should be out at sea, that has really put a smile on my face :)
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    i am really happy because my brother has moved in with me. he is a total nut case and always makes me laugh.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    Watching a child playing, breaking the toy and still managing to find a way to keep playing with it.  :)
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Looking at my handsome son and I’m in awe of his looks and personality . I smile because I made him. ?
  • fishingmum
    a surprise visit from family yesterday and they stayed and knowing today we will get to spend more time together.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello every body been here and being a community champion and meeting and greeting new community members.

Giving them some time to help and give support .

Got to point them hopefully to information and advice. To our community and the special people in it.

Whom some are friends and I care and have concern for all.

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Talking about the funny things my dad said and did with my family that made us laugh and remember his sense of humour. Trying to laugh through our tears ??
  • fishingmum
    the sun is shining and I can get my washing out, and I finally found the right colour of wool to finish off a poncho I started a while but could not finish due to running out of wool.
  • [Deleted User]
  • fishingmum
    today finding a few tubs that could be reused to tidy up tools that are laying around, as well as my candle and soap making supplies so things looking a lot better.
  • fishingmum
    got more carrots, parsnips, spring onions, potatoes and strawberries planted today, the strawberries I will not get anything from this year as late in season to plant, but my hope is they can go dormant over winter and I should get an early crop next year. That has certainly put a smile on my face :)
  • [Deleted User]
  • fishingmum
    @Victoriad not at all I was getting my tatties in January there when the ground was soft enough to get to them, I will plant next round in september for january, due to the amount of rain we get everything in the onion family do great. I went to a fresh water loch and picked gravel and sand mix from the shore and it works great with the carrots.
    I use perpetual spinach and it grows all year I put it in a raised bed and let it bolt so have plenty all year same with swiss chard.
    lettuce cucumber tomatoes, I do all mine from seed, let half go to seed so I have seeds for the following year.

The winds we get here are extremely harsh on trees so if we did get any, it is unlikey they would survive from sapling stage, if I go inland about 1 mile could grow there but I think folk might not like me planting in there garden lol

I take the kids for berry picking, and make fruit pies, wine and jam, we also pick sloe berries, chestnuts, mushrooms, wild strawberries, wild rhubarb. I was planning to start a few blue berry beds, but not sure as I have little room so might just make it for more veg.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • fishingmum
    hubby started feeling better and can go back to work, finally get housework done l
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness