I don’t know how much longer I can cope working full time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I don’t know how much longer I can cope working full time

lizzy1976
lizzy1976 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2018 in Work and employment
Hello everyone, I joined this to try get some advice, I have mixed connective tissue disease, I am working full time and finding it is a massive struggle for me, this is a very painful condition and leaves me fatigued all the time but it’s an invisible condition and I don’t know how much longer I can cope working full time 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Hi @lizzy1976, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through, I hope that we can be a good source of support. We have a few categories which you might find useful - physical/mobility impairmentsinvisible impairments, and employment.

Have you talked to your employer any adjustments that can be made to help you in your role?
  • melaniethorley
    melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Hi Lizzy. I am also sorry to hear you are struggling. I live with fibromyalgia and have been unable to work full time for about 20 years. I work 3 days a week but have adjustments in place should I need them. I would talk to somebody senior at work who you trust and see if they have any solutions. You may also be able to work from home. depending on your work.

Part-time and flexible working is a growth industry in itself. I think you would be able to manage your illness if you worked less hours.

You may also want to consider having a sauna/jacuzzi/steam room regularly. I go 3 times a week, all year round, and as a result I only take morphine about twice a week.

Hope this helps
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You can look at the benefits calculator to see what sort of financial help you could be entitled to.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness