Feeling guilty for being abused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling guilty for being abused

peterpete
peterpete Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
His I'm Peter a normal looking lad no health problems. That is a act. Inside I fear people I fear what I went through as a child repeated again I fear love.i fear my nightmares even though I tell no one. I fear people finding out I was abused not once but from 11 to 15 hundreds of times. You see the point I'm making is this government don't see me as a innocent victim no more I'm just cheap labour too them I'm not that lad with ptsd no more my abuse was that bad to this day I've told no one  I want to work soo bad get a nice job have something too look forward too seeing my workmates yet pip deem me fit even though I can't budget can't cook can't manage my toilet needs can't sleep ever and take strong medication I can't plan a journey 

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Whatever the DWP and their pet assessors say, please don't let them make you feel guilty! You were abused, it wasn't your fault (it was the abuser's fault!), and you're suffering because of it! Sadness? Anger? Yes! Guilt? No.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @peterpete
    Im so sorry you are feeling like this after coming through such a terrible ordeal.

NAPAC's vision is of a society in which every adult survivor of childhood abuse in the UK can access the support they need, when they need it.

You can contact them on 0808 801 0331 or on the contact form here.

There are lots of other groups who could offer you support regarding the abuse you suffered, take a look through here.

Have you been turned down for PIP, would you like some information on how to appeal?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • peterpete
    peterpete Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    Thank-you soo much

Brightness