Nutrition — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nutrition

lindieloo
lindieloo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi 
My weight has ballooned in the last few years, I ive never been very healthy eater but i could burn it off due to excersise  ihave firbromyalgia,polymyalgia rheumatoid, so excersise is a no go , I don't like any form of salad food.rice,pasta.sauces only eat ham,chi ken and beef 1 a month has it gives me pains in my stomach ,don't like much veg and most fruit I blitz. .please help

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @lindieloo

There is lots of information about healthy diets on the NHS website and disability horizons have some top exercises for disabled people.

There are so many recipe websites out there, I use pinterest a lot to find recipes using the ingredients I do like.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • KirstenNutritionAdvisor
    KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hello, it is very possible to lose weight without exercising. Obviously there are lots of health benefits to exercise, including a healthy heart, better mood etc 

my suggestion would be keep trying foods you think you don't like, fruits and vegetables and salad all have massive health benifits and there are so many different variation out there, try steaming, dry frying, roasting and find the ways you do like.

try different combinations of food and add in grated chopped and diced veggies to foods you currently eat. 

our tasty buds change ever 21 days and when you try different foods your taste buds will start to change and adapt.

also our mind is very open to suggestions, so it maybe helpful to change the way you think and view food. 

Instead of saying you dont like such and such say I'm trying new foods, I recently had a client who gave me a list of fruits and vegetables she didn't like then later told me she hadn't actually tried half of them. Or had tried them over a decade ago. 

Be open, be experimental and I'm sure your taste buds and body will thank you. 

Brightness