Chronic pain, depression, anxiety - found fit for work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain, depression, anxiety - found fit for work

ann33
ann33 Community member Posts: 14 Listener

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Ann @ann33 and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    You're safe among friends here, so when you feel up to it could you tell us a little more about yourself and your situation? The better we get to know each other, the more easily we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Welcome to the community, @ann33!

It's great to have you join :)

• ann33
    Hi yesterday had phone call saying I failed my medical even though I got chronic back pain and my ankle gives way so full over and got over problems with my feet and severe depression and anxiety I'm just feed up with it all the doctors changing my depression tablets so being weined off them to give me a different one am waiting for counciling 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering

I'm sorry to hear that @ann33. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time - I hope that we can be a good source of support and that your counselling appointment comes through soon.

Are you going to apply for a Mandatory Reconsideration? We have a lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, including some resources on MRs. You may find the following video on mandatory reconsiderations of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please do get in touch.

• ann33
    Thanks they saying on score letter I can work if they give me a wheelchair I still have to get up every ten 15 min then sit down and I am not good with new people as my depression so bad and my anxiety so bad ended up being sent by the doctor to a and e
  • ann33
    Yes but got to wait 7 months counciling to even start
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @ann33 I have the same problems as you, and have had similar trouble. Is this for ESA?
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @ann33 Did you get any points? Your first step is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Once that is complete then you will have to pursue it to a tribunal.
  • ann33
    Yes esa I got 9 points but that's mainly for my anxiety 
  • Ripples
    @ann33 Was this a review or  a new claim? if this was a review what group were you in previously? The outline for a mandatory reconsideration is to state that you believe you should have been assessed differently and to state which group you feel ypu qualify for. You have to show why you meet the criteria for ESA with WRAG  you needed 15 points so  you need  to show why qualify for points in the descriptors or if you qualify through reg29   if you think you  should be in the support group then the best route is reg  35  exceptional circumstances
  • ann33
    I was in the support group and now they say I have to go on job seekers 
  • Ripples
    @ann33 Do you have your original report from when you were originally put into the  support group as this will tell you why you were put into the support group and perhaps indicate why you were assessed differently this time.
  • ann33
    So do I write down the things I think that marked me wrong on and the lie they told 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    ann33 said:
    So do I write down the things I think that marked me wrong on and the lie they told 
    Do you have a copy of the assessment report? This will help you write the MR request. If you don't have then i'd advice you ring to ask for a copy. Bear in mind that you only have 28 days to request the MR.

What you need to do is write a letter stating what you disagree with and why you think you should be in the support group and which descriptor/s you think apply to you. Knowing the reasons why you were placed into the Support Group before will also help.

Being placed into the Support Group isn't about scoring points, it's about satisfying at least one of the support group descriptors or reg 35 (special circumstances)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ann33
    Ok yes got  report they want to but me in a wheelchair 
  • Ripples
    edited May 2018
    ann33 said:
    Ok yes got  report they want to but me in a wheelchair 
    Yes they can suggest that   but if you are challenging that this would be practical then you have to explain why for example  '' to avoid discomfort or pain I have to alternate between standing and sitting every few minutes''  '' A wheelchair would be too painful for my arms to propel'' 
  • ann33
    I swear they fail everyone to make there live go to rubbish and make me feel even worthless and depressed and want to end it 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ann33

I am so sorry to hear you are struggling, we have so many members going through a similar thing who understand just how distressing it can be, do you have any friends or family to speak to about this?

The MIND website has a lot of information and support and they say:

If you don't feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help.

• go to any hospital A&E department (sometimes known as the emergency department)
    • call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you can't get to A&E
    • ask someone else to contact 999 for you or take you to A&E immediately

If you need some support right now, but don't want to go to A&E, here are some other options for you to try:

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • ann33
     I'm going to doctors today because they can't find the letter to say what anxiety meds they put me on and there changing my depression meds so could take months till I feel a bit better I'm waiting for iapt that just long waiting as got signs of postomatic stress disorder coming back 
  • ann33
    I'm really nervous and my anxiety going crazy just thinking off going to doctors as had bad experience at the doctor last time he tried to do my medical sick note even when I was so stressed out depressed and my anxiety was bad he tried to move my leg and my muscles was so tight because off my anxiety and I heard him as shouting at me because I couldn't relax how u ment to relax he just told me I had to go a&e and my lower leg don t relax as got people with the muscle in my leg he said I can work because I can sit for 15mins and he said I got off the bed fine I didn't he did not even watch be get off the bed I have no family to turn to as they don't understand why I'm so depressed and my anxiety so bad 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.