On a positive note, things that made you smile today. - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

On a positive note, things that made you smile today.

Comments

• fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @Victoriad thankfully a bit of sun and fingers crossed it will start growing :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fishingmum
    oooo nasturtiums a bit strong for the kids but I like them in a salad mmmm
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • fishingmum
    they look pretty, but stir fry or a salad with a bbq perfect, I use dandelion petals like that as well, oh no thats me feeling hungry again lo
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello today what gives me a smile my Parsley plants are growing at last. Three seedlings.

In each pot. Thought am I ever going to be a green fingered gardener like those two ladies of fountain of knowledge.

They know who they are. Do not want to embarrass any body.

Great growing plants already growing into the garden or tubs. Going crazy they are.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
  • fishingmum
    @Victoriadparsley hard to grow??? never heard that before, I treat it like a weed now it tries to take over your garden, same with basil, chives and strawberries lol, I put them in pots due to the fact they grow like wildfire ggggrrrr.

Well this week has been busy, but since the sun has been out I have been getting more things done in the garden, I saw my friend come out of a depression and seeing her yesterday going from strength to strength really made me smile. I love it when you see a smile on a friends face, especially ones that have been going through a hard time.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have just come off the dole. I am starting my own online business. It is very exciting but scary at the same time.
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Good luck with this.  What is business?  Being nosy, is it something we might be interested in looking at/buying?
  • fishingmum
    congrats @deb74 hope it is a great success
  • [Deleted User]
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Getting a bag of ice with my shopping delivery 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    My youngest son calling to see if I’m ok and if I need anything at the shops, bless him x
  • [Deleted User]
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    thanks for the all the lovely comments. I have just started up my own online gift shop selliong oriental items such as buddhas and gem trees. (it is really hard to find gem trees these days I am also making fabric wreaths and gemstone jewellerythat i have also made. My remploy advisor suggested i sell rocks as well as the jewellery and that go me thinking about selling oriental items as they go together. I used to sell oriental items in my local market hall so I already had connections with a few wholesale companies. This takes the pressure off me as I don't know if I would be able to make enough stock for the website which should be up and running by the end of next week. Yesterday I made my first ever fabric wreath and i am really pleased with it. I have already got a customer. my remploy advisor had bought loads of stuff from me and has ordered 2 fabric wreaths. I have got my brother helping me> the other day he spent about 4 hours ironing fabric for me to make the wreaths. finally my website address is debscreativegiftshop.com but remember it won't be set up until the end of next week if you want to have a look.
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    This letter to Jeremy Hunt might cause a smile  https://aftercancers.com/letter-to-jeremy-hunt/
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @deb74 Please can I add congratulations. Hope and pray for success which it will be.

I just want to add .  Understand I ran a business the most important part is the customer.  Plus get plenty advice from business advisor and make sure you have good accountant and lots of support.

I did mine for ten years or more and was very successful and made a lot of money. It taught me many things.  About me about other people and about the business world. Much of it positive, much of it negative.

You will achieve so much and learn so much. That is also always an education.

Wish you the best

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done deb 

Brightness