Having a chronic illness is not romantic - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having a chronic illness is not romantic

2»

Comments

• Dingbat
    Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    @Waylay What a great post - you are so right!  Chronic pain affects everything in life.  On the outside you look perfectly normal.  On the inside you feel as though your life if not worth living.  People have said to me that if I were an animal, I would get better treatment.  Today is a bad day for me.  I am in agony and feel like I don't have the will to go on.  Despite all the pain killers which are really not effective now and even my pain patches are not really helping much these days either.  I have not been in a relationship for 5-years now as its so stressful. Even the one who is supposed to be closest to you doesn't get it where pain is concerned.  All I can say is that you are not alone.  There are hundreds and thousands of us out there who's chronic pain is misunderstood and ignored or worse - feeling like you are putting it on!  

Good luck to you best wishes for your future

Lyn x
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Thank you @Dingbat!  I wish you didn't understand, 'cause it's a crappy club to be a member of. :/ But it *is* nice to know I'm not alone. I hope your pain is better today!

I took my kitten to the vet for his first shots yesterday, so today I'm horrendous. (It's taking me way too long to write this post.) I'm supposed to be watching my friend be one the mayor of our city in 38 minutes, but not a chance. :/ *Sigh* Kitten helps, though.
  • Dingbat
    Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi @Waylay - Thanks and yes feeling a bit better today.  So nice to know you have a kitten to look after you! I would love to have a pet but I just don't have the space and have no garden.  Plus I would be tripping over it all the time...lol.  

Wishing you lots of love and hope you feel a bit better soon.

Lyn x

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I trip over him all the time, @Dingbat. ;) He's very dark brown, with black stripes, and seems to prefer sitting/standing on dark-coloured things. I just got him a shiny silver collar. ;)

Brightness