claimed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

claimed

ALFIE27
ALFIE27 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi i have recently applied for UC am I correct in doing so? I work part time for 10hrs a week. My husband has been out of work since February this year.  But has since suffered a stroke. and is now unable to work. He isn't disabled but is unable to work at the present time. I am worried incase I have applied for wrong benefit

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    If your area is a full Universal Credit are then you this is correct. Do you claim housing benefit also? If so then your housing benefit will also change and become part of the UC payments, called housing element. UC is paid monthly and payments usually take 6 weeks from the time you first apply.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ALFIE27
    ALFIE27 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have claimed on the gov web site for my husband and i, but it states you must verify your account and id through another company i opted for The Post Office, well now i am completely confuse???? as just dont know what i am doing.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You could try calling the Universal Credit helpline 
    Telephone: 0800 328 5644
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.