Post Code Lottery — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post Code Lottery

veriterc
veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
Having just moved from London to Oxfordshire, I had no reason to disbelieved Jeremy Hunt when he got up in Parliament to say there was no Post Code Lottery.  How foolish was I !!
There is a massive one, but if you are finding this is you move, it might be an idea to enquire if your notes have been sent to your new GP.  Four months after moving, by chance I am told by the John Radcliffe Hospital that I don't live in Oxfordshire; NHS records have me down as living in London.  Since I went balistic, I am starting to get some appointments (necessary as I had polio, cancer, etc) but it is taking time.  So if you are moving, make sure you INSIST records are transferred.  

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @veriterc Sorry this has happened . All I going to say when you leave a area.   Notify them as soon as possible, your new surgery.  Understand you should have a NHS card. This explains what you should do.

I believe that is what I did. Sorry if you are having problems.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • veriterc
    veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
    Sadly I notified surgery before I arrived, but was told I couldn't register until I was living in new home.  So cheated and registered whilst staying with friends;  t as I waited for grab handles etc. to be fitted - couldn't get myself around bathroom nor stairs without these.  Four months later Occupational Therapy still has me on their 'waiting list' and I had to pay builders £400 to install these (much more expensive when you source individually rather than buy in bulk).  Altogether it's been a nightmare, so I can only advise anyone moving to make plans to jump up and down beforehand!  Vicar says many in same situation have to rely on charity, and don't think that is right when aids and healthcare are paid for by our taxes.  

Brightness