Emergency blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Emergency blue badge

jackiewackie10
jackiewackie10 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
We are on the way to Cornwall from Eastbourne and have just realised we forgot the blue badge that is In my vehicle. We are travelling in hubbys car.
Does anyone know if you can get an emergency blue badge. 
Thank you 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    No you can't get emergency, or temporary blue badge, plus on a recent vist to Cornwall there is no concessions to visiting blue badge holders. Had to pay at all car parks But the locals had to have their vecheils and badges registered with the local council
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    I've never heard of such a service. Councils don't do anything urgently either.

If it was me, I'd put a note in the window saying "badge left at home." This might be ok for shopping centres etc. but not the highway.

The potential offence is "Not displaying a valid blue badge." There is no way around it.

Any infringement would result in a letter from the local authority. You might throw yourself on their mercy but I wouldn't risk it.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited May 2018

If it was me, I'd put a note in the window saying "badge left at home." This might be ok for shopping centres etc. but not the highway.

The potential offence is "Not displaying a valid blue badge." There is no way around it.

Any infringement would result in a letter from the local authority. You might throw yourself on their mercy but I wouldn't risk it.

@Markmywords I really woulden't advise anyone just putting a note or anything in the windscreen unless it's the blue badge.

I can tell you it won't do you any favours in choosing that route. If you do look forward to a fine if you just choose to use a note.

@jackiewackie10 To add to the above comment there's no way to get a replacement blue badge only if you've lost it and then has to be reported to the Police and need to obtain a crime number Then you would have to contact the issuing authority and a long wait.

So it the short term there is No way.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger

If you did that then you'll most likely receive a parking ticket for parking without a valid Blue Badge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Hi are you staying in hotel?
    Couldnt you ask family/nieghbour to get your hubbys keys and post blue badge to you.
    1st class signed for. Get thete next morning 10 ish.
    Or may be worth hou coming back
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Misscleo said:
    Hi are you staying in hotel?
    Couldnt you ask family/nieghbour to get your hubbys keys and post blue badge to you.
    1st class signed for. Get thete next morning 10 ish.
    Or may be worth hou coming back
    As it's a bank holiday weekend the post offices won't be open now until Tuesday. This means that any post wouldn't arrive until Wednesday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are staying for a week then just pay the parking charges as blue badge holders visiting Cornwall do not get concessions in major holiday resorts, supermarket car parks you run the gauntlet like all other users. Easy thing to do my daughter left her mobile phone behind.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Better wednesday than not at all

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering

If you did that then you'll most likely receive a parking ticket for parking without a valid Blue Badge.
    Wow, the second person to judge my post without even reading it.

"but not on the highway" says it all really.

Any charge on private land is a civil matter and no "ticket" is even possible. If a badge is actually possessed then it would be quite defensible in a small claims court should the other side be foolish enough to pursue their invoice.

I've actually been through this and another situation where I'd forgotten to set the time on the badge whilst on the highway which isn't actually a punishable offence.

Brightness