Anxiety and Reality - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anxiety and Reality

2»

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @hartill77 ive got two threads going on with this at the movement.  Dont know if you noticed? There is going to be a post mortem due to sudden death. We cant plan a funeral until thats over. Im just taking one day at a time trying not to fall over myself in my brain fog and grief. My poor son is the same, he thinks everyone he cares about dies. Just found out my dads cousin is dying or dead by now in a hospice. No one told us she was dying. I cant tell him. It sucks.
  • debbiedo49
    I still canny believe what’s happening. The funeral is June 5 that’s ages away and I’m barely functioning.
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Hi @debbiedo49
    I replied earlier but seems I must have previewed and not posted silly me lol. 
    Sorry to hear your  cousins dad has passed away too. 
    How old is your son? If it helped you before to write things down maybe thid could help for him too. 
    It's frustrating having to wait a long time for the funeral but it's best to find the results from  the post mortem. 
    My Daughter use to keep a scrap book about her grandad  when she was younger which helped her. 

• debbiedo49
    My son is 18. He was very close to my dad. He is being very strong and I’m keeping an eye on him. This will be his first funeral. We are talking things through when he feels like it. We are involving the adult grandchildren in the funeral and the great grandchildren are putting lettes pictures in the coffin. I am working on a shared photo album online so folks can look through it or add to it. The waiting is the hard part. Then it’s the healing part.  
  • hartill77
    Hi @debbiedo49
    How are you holding up? 
    Sounds like your doing an amazing job with the funeral arrangements. I know it's hard to have to wait ,making it longer to have a final send off for loved ones.  Its good his talking things through with you when he wants, he knows your there to support him then when he needs you. 
  • debbiedo49
    Thanks , funeral tomorrow and then its done 
  • hartill77
    Hope it all goes well. 
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope your managing to get through today @debbiedo49 x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • debbiedo49
    Thanks guys it went well

Brightness