Let's talk about sex... and disability - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let's talk about sex... and disability

2»

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    So many posts about sex normally a taboo Subject, it's not only us the disabled people who want or need a sexual relationship but all those couples who we see day to day. How do they manage it ? Little and large fat and thin and everything in between, we have the need for sexual satisfaction but because of our disability or the medication we take or a combination of the two we have learnt to adapt improvise our love making techniques to overcome our inabilities to the standard positions we may have used before being disabled. So never give up what works for you may not for me so keep loving.
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    When my disabilities worsened, my wife of over ten years became frustrated with dealing with them. She also became more and more distant until finally she betrayed me then dumped me like used toilet paper. I found out that it had been planned for a long time

Even if I wasn't so disabled, nothing would make me open up and risk that again.

When disability comes later in life, many things have to be consigned to the past. Learning to let go of the person you once were might be the only way to stay sane.

I fully support those who do have options and want to explore them though.
  • lozzer25
    lozzer25 Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    I can't make love to my partner as my legs and body tighten which makes everything go into spasm not one position helps tried them all still the same pain my cerebral palsy has ruined the thing that is supposed to come natural

Brightness