Looking for tips for your PIP appeal? New tips page published - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for tips for your PIP appeal? New tips page published

124»

Comments

• annecrum
    annecrum Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    one tip i would like to share to enhance PIP success when going to tribunal- look up cases similar to yours and see what the presiding judge said in his summing up. Best place to look is on disability rights website. You can find out so much stuff on your own situation, and tailor it to your individual needs. eg "the decision maker did not give me any points for using a chair to help me dress, but according to judge x,in case no ....., if a chair is necessary to help the claimant dress safely,than it may be classed as an aid". You get the drift? good luck all!
  • wedgehog
    wedgehog Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    I disagree that no one is trying to catch you out or trip you up. I attended an appeal with my wife after she had been refused benefit. They had a spy outside to watch her walk into the building, and despite what everyone says this was like a full blown court room, they sat up on the bench and we were down behind a table on our own and had to look up to them. The room had been created with a long gentle ramp with a hand rail from the entry door so they could get a really good look at you walking in and to your seat.
  • wedgehog
    wedgehog Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    edited June 2018
    Yes I am stating that. I'm not guessing that someone nearby was spying on her or someone pretending to make a phone call like I have experienced on PIP assessments, This person was obviously employed by the tribunal service and walked out of the building and approached us asking is it was my wife by name.we were 10 minutes early and still had  around fifteen meters to go until we got in the building. Why would a "spy" have to report to just one? if they reported to all three at once then things are equal.
    Possibly the ramp is genuinely just to help the disabled, possibly not as they had a lift as well. I can only report what we see and experience and to date our experiences with everything to do with this benefit application has been lies and deceit on the part of the government offices. Are you calling me a liar?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018

If any panel member did see your wife and wishes to bring into play what they saw there would be an immediate issue as they’d be starting the hearing with more knowledge than the other two and the appeal would have to be postponed so that three members with equal knowledge at the outset could hear it. 
    Hi Mike may I make a comment please. It is certainly not unheard of for a panel member to have accidentally witnessed an appellant in a car park walking towards the entrance and that at the start of the proceedings that panel member makes mention to the other two members what she had seen. The case in question was not adjourned and the claimant was warned that his current award (mobility) was in jeopardy of being removed if he continued with the appeal.
  • Rosey52
    Rosey52 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Do citizens advice really help with pip o wouldn't of thought so tbh

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.