Ask an employment adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Looking to get into retail

SystemSystem Posts: 473 Scope community team
edited June 2018 in Ask an employment adviser
This discussion was created from comments split from: is anyone looking for work ?.

Replies

• StagecoachStagecoach Member Posts: 13 Connected
    i am looking for work in retail area , the problem I have is that my left hand side is a bit useless , I cannot bend my knees hence cannot bend over to pick anything up or reach bottom shelves , I am thinking of voluntary to start back with , but  all I was offered by job centre was at local recycle centre .which is no help for me .
  • Donisha_scopeDonisha_scope Support to Work Posts: 37 Courageous
    Hi @Stagecoach,

Welcome to the online community and thank you for your enquiry.

I believe the Scope's Support to Work service is a great place to begin as it would enable you to receive 12 weeks digital employment advice from an experienced adviser; details on roles which meet your criteria; assistance with identifying your transferable skills; a tailored action plan; CV and cover letter writing guidance and interview practice. 

If you would like more information on the service, or to register, you can complete an online referral form on:

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/our-services/employment/support-to-work

Kind regards, 

Donisha 

Donisha
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: [email protected]
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork
Sign in or join us to comment.