M.P complaint - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M.P complaint

124»

Comments

• bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    hi everyone!

on the 30/04/2018 I received an email from my MPs office.
    She said the meeting with the secretary of state for DWP went really well?
    And the up shot was that DWP were saying that people need to put more information on their original claims?.
    They have contacts in the area for CHDA and IAS, and when they are fully staffed again? they are going to visit them to discuss the process, and how it can be for some claimants.
    she has also printed of my statement that I sent to ATOS and she will share this with CHDA formerly ATOS when they meet.

I did send my complaint to ATOS, and a few weeks ago got a reply, saying that the complaint I sent in was under investigation.?

A few days ago, I finally received a letter from IAS about my assessment (7 pages long).
    they apologised for any in convenience that has been caused to me. and it is not their intention to cause any distress. they could not comment on the speech to txt reporter, only that IAS should of been the ones to organise the interpreters "not DWP" which is why they employ big word. 
    they were sorry to hear the staff were unprofessional and discourteous, as all staff are aware they are representing IAS and must remain professional at all times.
    the up shot being a lot of apologising, but then informing me of their procedures. And even though their were 2 other people in the room "it is extremely difficult to recognise what was or was not said during the assessment. however if I can supply specific examples supported by medical evidence this may result in a further investigation? 
    if I am unable to provide supporting evidence they cannot pursue this matter any further? this does not mean that they have dismissed the issues raised, and that they can confirm details about my assessment will be retained for future reference. 
    With regards to the assessor! a record of this complaint will be held on his file, in the event of further complaints about this HP. they apologise again and say, unfortunately complaints of this nature are often impossible to recognise, especially regarding the manner of the HP as they were not present at the time and therefore cannot substantiate either way what was said or done. they said it is regrettable that they have been unable to recognise my complaint to my satisfaction on this occasion.

hopefully this assessor will make sure he doesn't treat another disabled person with such disrespect or lie in his report.
    I'm not giving up regardless of DWP decision to ignore the IAS report.
    I will let you all know about my MPS visit with CHDA and IAS.
    thank you for your support
    Bev x

• bevt2017
    Hi everyone!

My MP did have a meeting with CHDA, but still has of yet not spoken with IAS.

She said she had an interesting and informative meeting with CHDA. She raised some interesting points about the process and has you can guess, there was an answer for everything she raised (I said they are probably reading from the same handbook).
    However it wasn't necessary in line, with what people are telling her about there experiences. So she challenged them?

She is now looking at other things, she can do to challenge them. Has the process isn't working and causing unessary upset and stress to disabled people.

Not what I wanted to hear, but at least she's doing something about it. I know from the community other MPs are not helping.

Take care everyone 
    Bev x
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Who is your mp.
    I wish he'd speak to mine.
    We need help with these hard face people who.like to see disabled people be upset.
    I'm too ill to fight them.  Arthritis. Bad heart. Liver problems. Fibromyalgia. And the rest. Just want to sleep. Pain keeps me awake. Can't win 
  • bevt2017
    Hi @Misscleo

I think it's disgusting your MP not helping you, it's there job.

I've sent my MP everything! including my assessment, my reply and complaint and the appology letter I got from IAS.

I told her I had an interview not long ago. 2 men from the job centre were interviewing disabled people, on how DWP and ESA can change there treatment of disabled people. (The community was helping me). But I don't even know if it's for everyone or just in my area?

I don't know what to say? I don't know anything about politics? But I do know how to complain.
    If it was me, I would keep sending letters and emails until someone listened.

It scares me knowing I will have to go through all this again with DWP. I just hope that they start to listen and this process changed for everyone. X

Brightness