Chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain

Dean5464
Dean5464 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2018 in Cerebral palsy
Hi my name is Dean, and I'm in pain 24/7 some days I cope but others like today I just break down, I can't help but think why me, it's been going on since I had stroke 5 years ago, the pain is mainly in my knee and hip but on bad days it's the whole left side of my body and I have trouble moving ,. I'VE also got 4 stents in my chest due to a blocked arteries, i've seen my doctor and he said that the hospital won't give me a hip replacement or fix my knee coz of my heart, I'm on like 16 pills a day, and cocodamal for the pain 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dean5464, welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us- I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. It can be such a debilitating thing to live with, and I'm sure many of our community members will be able to empathise. I wonder if you've considered asking for a referral to a pain clinic?
  • marchallsworth
    marchallsworth Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    edited June 2018
    Hi mate I'm in the same position as you I have had seven operations I have have had my stomach removed I died five times and I'm in constant pain all the time like you said some days are good some days are worse for the pain I got registered with my local hospital chronic pain clinic and they put me on morphine because basically if you keep taking co-codamol the codeine turns into morphine anyway so I have morphine and I use lidocaine patches which is a patch that you stick on your hip or in my case on my stomach if you would like more information email me [email removed by moderator]
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Thanks for sharing this, @marchallsworth!

We've removed your email address due to community guidelines, but you can private message on the community- just click on the second icon under your name and profile picture (on the right hand side of the screen) and click new message, then type in their username. Hope this helps!
  • marchallsworth
    Ok sorry for that didnt mean to break any rules just wanted to help the guy out thank you
  • Pippa_Alumni
    No worries at all @marchallsworth, do let me know if you'd like any assistance with the private messaging!
  • marchallsworth

Brightness