bedroom tax — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

bedroom tax

Options
cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
can someone tell me if I'm right or wrong I underwent stroke no two In December unae to care for ones self three different famaily members took turns staying in spare room  welfare officer put in for bedroom tax to cover most  of money for bedroom. tax just received letter saying  you will be charged 500 pounds as only received request last month now correct t me if  wrong but after a stroke saying your own name is hardest  thing on earth never  mind writing letters  should I appeal this or not ....thanks in advance if I'm honest I think there bloody stupid and should Not be in employment such as this job request just thinking out loud lol
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Tottaly agree with you. After a stroke how could you be expected to.write to the MORONS who deal with this.
    Your MP.should help with this. If you can.find name of your councillor they should help you 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The wheels of power move slowly, yes contact your MP or councilor for help that what they are paid for. If more people contacted there representatives then then they would ensure more councils ect act quickly and properly in sorting out claiments problems.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Misscleo said:
    Tottaly agree with you. After a stroke how could you be expected to.write to the MORONS who deal with this.
    Your MP.should help with this. If you can.find name of your councillor they should help you 
    The same morons that decided to cancel my DLA review claim permanently because I failed to complete and return the claim form with 30 days.

I wasn't lazy or forgetful - I was simply in hospital for 3 months mainly in HDU. How on earth they expected me to fill out and put the review papers in along with evidence of needs whilst in bed in a life and death situation with tubes inserted into every orifice including one in my neck!
    That was in 2004
    It took until 2011 to get the claim reinstated and I still lost out financially for those 7 years!   

I contacted my MP in early 2011 to see how this situation could be resolved initially. I had a letter back from the DWP via the MP basically stating that there is no leeway in situations where a claimant fails to supply information within the stipulated timeframe.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    Ah bless you .I would suggest m.p help ridiculous isent it .so sad of seeing these awful stories how there treating us supposed human beings!.I hope you can give sorted chin up x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah bless you .I would suggest m.p help ridiculous isent it .so sad of seeing these awful stories how there treating us supposed human beings!.I hope you can give sorted chin up x
    Yes, the only excuse that you could have for not being in regular contact with the DWP and their form filling time limits is being dead. Nothing else counts it seems, not even being in hospital.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.