Home visit support — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit support

euphoria75
euphoria75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I would like some advice please .I have got a home visit on the 10th of July for a pip assessment ,the woman who was going to attend with me and support me is unable to do so , I suffer from bad anxiety, depression and mobility issues . Is the anybody who could support me and attend the assessment?  I have asked about and can't find anyone. I would be grateful for some advice .

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @euphoria75

Good Evening & Welcome.

I’m so sorry to hear about the lady who was going to assist you with your pip assessment.

In the first instance do you have a local “CAB” they can be very very helpful in this situation????

We have also got a “helpline” ourselves: 

0808-800-3333 (Mon-Fri)

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further????

• euphoria75
    euphoria75 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your help. 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hi were u told you had too have someone there with you at home assessment. I was told that I do cab won't be able too sit with you from what I was told .I was frantically trying too think of someone also .in the end my son's took day of college .or ud be in same boat as you 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

Is there a local advocacy service near you? They are very good in situations like yours.

Keep us informed.

Best wishes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.