Getting a different amount to what I was awarded — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting a different amount to what I was awarded

Rayafk
Rayafk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone 
i hope everyone is in good health and enjoying the weather!
i want to know who o got half of my DLA, when my PIP letter says I will be getting a certain amount?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rayafk   Pleased to meet you welcome.

I do not know what the answer is and I am afraid not too clear what you mean.

Far as I know if you have a benefit query I am sure one of our team or members of our community will or might know.

Have you rung up DWP a suggestion I know any queries on benefits they usually might answer your question.

Have you seen our advice on benefits another solution maybe.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Rayafk and welcome to the community.

These are two different benefits so comparing them directly like this is probably not helpful.

It does sound like that after the PIP assessment your needs were assessed as being higher than what you were previously receiving.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    When you transfer from DLA to PIP you'll receive 4 weeks money as your final DLA payment. Then you PIP will start 4 weeks after that. If you still don't understand then give PIP a ring and ask them. They will know your dates and amounts etc. We wouldn't be able to help with that because everyone's  payments are different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.