What an inspirational lady! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What an inspirational lady!

whistles
whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
If anyone else saw the programme and can link please do.
Sorry my memory!!!! 
But it was likely Ambulance or 999 what's your emergency.

Paralyzed lady with MS. Can only move finger and thumb on a good day. Forget how many years she has been bed bound/ housebound.
She says I feel isolated but I am not lonely.

She checks all her emails, banking, reads the papers, watches the news. Omg!!! She is more capable than I am and I can move. 
She's also got an incredibly positive outlook on life and says she appreciates everything. 

Wow and wow. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Comments

• Andy111
    Andy111 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I'm not disabled but I had to try and find a way to echo the comments of the poster above regarding the lady with MS. I really really hope she finds her way to the forum as I would love to talk to her and let her know how moved I was by her bravery and her spirit. Words aren't really enough to describe the respect and awe I felt after watching that program. She is an inspiration 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @Andy111- I'm sure your kind words would be hugely appreciated! 
  • Andy111
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    @whistles do you remember what channel it would have been on as quite often websites will still run programmes for a few days or weeks after it has been shown on air. She sounds amazing and I would like to see it, if you do remember could you let me know thanks.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • Andy111
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Hi @Andy111 thanks for that what was the programme called ? I am looking at the 999 whats your emergency but not seeing any with that in the info.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • nippy
    nippy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Oh that was on tonight too . What an inspirational lady 
  • lucy32
    lucy32 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi, 

I have seen seen a programme on honey bee sting venom treatment for MS. Which is a bit out there, but seems amazing. You can get taught by a bee handler how to do this, but will need doctors involved as some people are deathly allergic to bee stings. Some people have made remarkable recoveries in the USA from this before as the bee venom will attack neurological & immune systems, but in some people this can stimulate recovery & feeling which was lost in these areas. The stings need to be placed correctly in certain areas in order to stimulate where required in particular patient. But has been known to even help failing eyesight caused by MS & 1 lady has since run a marathon. 

Just thought I’d mention this as very interesting & someone who is suffering may be able to look into this therapy further if they want..

xx

Brightness