DLA/PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA/PIP

Georgia63
Georgia63 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hello I am getting ESA in the work focused group. I had an assessment for work capability. They have now put me in the support group. I get Low mobility DLA and low care DLA. As my illness has got worse and also my mobility.do I phone DLA and tell them I'm in support group and I'm getting worse. But don't know if there put me on pip. Worried about change as I could be worse off.But I'm a bit confused. Thanks

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    If you report a change of circumstances, they will send you PIP claim.

• Georgia63
    Georgia63 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Hi Atlas46 will I have to go for another assessment if I just had one. Thanks
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    Georgia63 said:
    Hi Atlas46 will I have to go for another assessment if I just had one. Thanks

@Georgia63 Not for ESA.... But if you tell DLA you will most likely have to claim PIP, and an assesssment most likely will be required. Also bear in mind DLA and PIP are two different types of benefits? 

PIP is a funtional test and not done purely on diagnosis it's how those affect you daily and how many days etc.

So it's up to you if you feel it's worth going to be benificial to you then go for it.

But be mindful you could also be worse off.

Your ESA will not be impacted by doing so.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness